Pre season friendly thread - keep em in here please

Don
yea sorry i did realise, was supposed to be agreeing and then saying "but both goals....etc", excuse my bad english :o
They did play a couple of young lads at the back with Riise and Hyypia and had Zenden as the holding midfielder. Should be ok for the start of the season though

Permabanned
BaZ87 said:
yea sorry i did realise, was supposed to be agreeing and then saying "but both goals....etc", excuse my bad english :o
They did play a couple of young lads at the back with Riise and Hyypia and had Zenden as the holding midfielder. Should be ok for the start of the season though

No problem. :)

I was just making an observation, your defence is rock solid and up their with Chelsea and on their day, probably better than Chelsea's.

Soldato
BaZ87 said:
Just turned the Man Utd game on and Rooney had just been sent off, lol. Not sure why, didnt see the incident

He just caught a player in the face when jumping for the ball, 2 mins earlier one of portos players did same thing and got no booking.

shocking decision

Soldato
Very worrying first half performance wise. Our fullbacks still look as **** as they did last week, Bardsley and Evra should never both start in the Premiership. Brown has been solid as usual apart from one short backpass that VdS rescued brilliantly - he's been excellent too.

Roo, Park and Solskjaer look very sharp, some really beautiful takes from Ole and some lovely running from JSP. Scholesy has had another absolute blinder (pun consider but not intended) - great take for his goal and lovely passing. Even some ball winning :)eek:). Lovely finish from Roo.

Giggs looks pants, some terrible shots, bad passing and just doesn't look on it.

Carrick hasn't done anything to prove himself yet other than one nice reverse pass.

The Rooney incident - he was jumping with a Porto player for the ball, Roo led with his left forearm and caught the Porto player in the face. He went down like a Thai hooker. The ref instantly pulled out the red card. It's a flipping joke. It was definitely a free kick, maybe a yellow if the ref is harsh as he did lead with his arm but it was his first incident of the match. He didn't swing his arm towards the Porto player so IMO there is no way it can be a red card as there was no malevolent intent.

Hope we can rack a few more up second half and that the idiotic referee has the good grace post-match to downgrade it to a yellow - or we may miss Roo due to a ban at the start of the season :( :mad:

Back
Top Bottom