Printer cartridges

Soldato
Hi all

My missus bought herself a cheap Canon TS series printer for getting her business stuff printed, she's had to buy new ink cartridges both colour and black ink, I was suggesting getting some cheaper ones but were not sure if we can..

We had to buy Canon 560 & 561 bundle for about £35...

Any recommendations on cheaper ones and can we actually use other brand cartridges

Cheers

Associate
I always buy a CISS system from city ink express every time I buy a new printer.

My Epson Xp720 has just reached it's end of life after about 5-6 years and with plenty use over these years I have never had to buy any more ink. The ink they use is excellent.

Associate
I just had to buy one of the only printers I could find in stock a canon pixma MG5700 for £50 comes with standard cartridges, the genuine replacement cartridges I would need to buy for it are .....£50 a set same price as the printer.

Using genuine ink is just a con, there are just as good inks out there and buying them in bulk is a no brainer for me, as a family with students and a home office genuine ink cartridges would bankrupt us.

Associate
I've noticed over the years that cheaper printer usually = more expensive inks, paying more for a printer means ink's usually cheaper. Not sure if this is purely anecdotal tho...

Back
Top Bottom