Printer for my kid.

Soldato
utherpendragon said:
How often do you need to clean your print heads? I've probably done it twice in two years with light use. The facvt is it is being used for school work and for low usage, low feature set printers, epson cannot be beaten for value.

That's the problem though- because the usage is infrequent, the print heads get clogged with dry ink and you then have to use over half a tank cleaning them. Get a Cannon and you'll be fine :)

Caporegime
utherpendragon said:
How often do you need to clean your print heads? I've probably done it twice in two years with light use. The facvt is it is being used for school work and for low usage, low feature set printers, epson cannot be beaten for value.

Low usuage = ink heads dry up and need cleaning (about 5 times with epson printers) = loads of ink used = new cartdriges needed = costs as much as having more expensive cartridges

Man of Honour
I was just going to say that unless you can find an old Canon IP4000/5000 then forget that route because there are no compatible cartridges for the new models.
However, they have just recently arrived in the UK and now the IP4200 becomes a mean machine.
My workmate will be over the moon when he receives his email about the compatibles.

Otherwise the Epson 200/300 series are excellent with cheap compatibles.

Permabanned
dmpoole said:
I was just going to say that unless you can find an old Canon IP4000/5000 then forget that route because there are no compatible cartridges for the new models.
However, they have just recently arrived in the UK and now the IP4200 becomes a mean machine.
My workmate will be over the moon when he receives his email about the compatibles.

Otherwise the Epson 200/300 series are excellent with cheap compatibles.
You mean there's some compatibles for the IP4200? :eek:

Could you email me more details, please?

Back
Top Bottom