1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Printer & scanner advice please

Discussion in 'Printers' started by kiteloopy, 29 Aug 2017.

1. kiteloopy

Mobster

Hi All,

I’m very ill informed with printer terminology so I apologise in advance. I’ve been trying to educate myself but nothing beats asking the question on this forums. Let me start with what I used it for.

At this moment I have an Epson inkjet printer with a built-in flatbed (single page) scanner. It doesn’t have WIFI or a USB port so I have to connect my laptop via USB for it to work. I rarely print (maybe 3-4 times a year) and get frustrated when I found out my ink has dried out. I also have a large stack of paper at home that I want to digitise. I never print in colour, only black. Print quality isn’t important to me either as its usually just boring office stuff, duplex printing would be very handy. I don’t have a large amount of space so a replacement needs to be compact and I don’t need to have 1000 page of paper tray or for it to be waist height. Touchscreen interface or the like isn’t necessary at all and I don’t need a built in fax machine either.

So, I think im after a LaserJet printer with duplex print. I want to be able to stack paper into a feeder/hopper and for it to scan both sides and send to either USB or network hard drive.

Does anyone have a starter for 10?

Cheers
    J/K

2. Mel_P

Wise Guy

HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP M477fdw