Private plate transfer _ Sorry is asked and answered

Associate
following on from this thread

https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/threads/driving-with-the-wrong-plates-penalty.18851923/

I am about to sell my car with private plates to a local garage. The way I understand it is, and correct me if I am wrong

You remove the plates online from the vehicle you are selling, which revert back to the original registration, of which I still have

However it’s the transferring back of the private plates to a new car that I think I understand but just need confirmation on. Regarding the new vehicle you must wait until the new V5 is in your possession as the new keeper of the vehicle before you can transfer the private plate to it. This will prevent issues if you, somehow decide to put the private plate on a car you have just bought before the DVLA have update their records The DVLA will show you private plate as not belonging ,parked to any vehicle and subsequently you are committing an offence.

Do I understand this correctly? Like I said I apologise for the repeat post and it has probably been asked answered already

Back
Top Bottom