Pro Cycling Discussion 2020

Soldato
UCI men’s road race televised anywhere? Eurosport has Tennis and Snooker instead on 1&2 and a one hour highlights.

These climbs are bloody steep!

Last edited:
Soldato
It had some interesting moments but a little bit meh from me. Race of attrition and difficult to actually bring people back as the descents were so steep/technical.

A little to a lot of motorbike assistance too if you were in the lead I will add.

Watch the last 45km.

Soldato
Echo those comments, good win but wasn't hard enough prior and the descent meant it did favour the man in front. Wva looked ridiculous in that sprint.

Soldato
Ned Boulting read an extract from a french journalist about Alaphillipe on his podcast on Sunday, well worth a listen to hear a bit more about his cycling career progression and how he got where he is now.

Soldato
Can't find it now but I seen somewhere this morning whilst half asleep he done 8 something w/kg for 3mins 45sec in big ring.... all after quite a few KM's and metres in the leggies.

Stingy.

Soldato
The Best bit of the reading was when it proclaimed he didn't have/use a wattage measurer until the age of 22.

I saw similar but also can't remember where, bloody madness, although it's still odd why the French did what they did a few laps before as I'm sure alaphillipe had that move planned from the outset.

Last edited:
Soldato
Proper horrible weather! Flying out to Sicily tomorrow to watch the Giro, watch out for me I'll be dressed as Wheres Wally for TT and in the last few K of the Etna stage on Monday!

Back
Top Bottom