Pro Cycling Discussion 2021

Soldato
So 2021 is here, will it be better than 2020 with a proper season of classics, then some GTs in warm sunny weather followed by a grim World Champs in Flanders?

Key Dates for the year

Grand Tours

Giro D'Italia 8-30 May

Tour De France 26th June - 18th July

Vuelta A Espana 14th August -5th September

Monuments

Milan - San Remo 20th March

Tour of Flanders 4th April

Paris Roubaix 11th April

Amstel Gold 18th April

Liege - Bastogne - Liege 25th April

Olympics

Tokyo 23rd July - 8th August

World Championships

Flanders 19th September - 26th September

Other Notables

Omloop Het Nieuwsblad 27th Feb

Kuurne - Brussels - Kuurne 1st March

Strade Bianche 6th March

Paris - Nice 7-14 March

Tirreno - Addriatico 10-16 March

E3 Classic 26th March

Ghent Wevelgem 28th March

Dwars Door Vlanderen 31st March

Fleche Wallone 21st April

Criterium Du Dauphine 30th May - 6th June

San Sebastien 31st July

Il Lombardia 9th October

Soldato
OP
And first point for me is that it looks like Ineos sending Thomas, Geoghehan Hart and Carapaz to the Tour with Bernal heading to the Giro. PResume that Tour squad will be stacked with Porte, Yates as well to counter Jumbo who will no doubt be trying to make up for last years disappointment.

Soldato
OP
Despite the media reports, it is good to see the UCI define standards for the finishing barriers etc, although they appear to have shot themselves in the foot by saying its from 2022 but that they want to make top tube descending illegal, which has caused 0 accidents that I can think of...

Soldato
OP
Then following it up with a tt win.

Breaks will be even less effective/possible now riders can't rest on their forearms now it's been added to the list of banned positions.

Soldato
OP
Tour De La Provence today, ridiculously good field for such a small race. Can't wait for Ventoux on Saturday.

Also Vuelta route has been released with no finish in Madrid! Wahey! It's always been awful! TT to finish, so an effort by organisers to run it right down to the wire on the last day!

Soldato
OP
Squuezy bum sprint today. Well worth a watch, nice to see the French boxer having not changed his ways and having a whinge at the end.

How is sosa only 23. He had one very hard paper round.

Soldato
OP
I think i may be the bearer of bad news @xdcx but I don't think omloop is going to be on eurosport/gcn and therfore not broadcast in the UK. Hope they can come up with a deal in time.

Soldato
Yeah it's not just Omloop... they don't have rights to any of the Flanders Classic except the Ronde. It's dire.
Sketchy Flemish streams it is! :)

Soldato
OP
Hoping they sort it, I seem to remember something similar a few years ago where they brokered a deal late, know a few of the CX races last year were the same too.

Soldato
OP
Anyone any idea who the woman's commentator is on gcn? Don't think I've heard her before. Much better than kirbys shouting! Anyone have any issues with casting on yesterday's stage? Mine kept buffering, right up until the stage finished then it was fine annoyingly..0 issues with cx.

That finish was great yesterday. Looked horrible. Woods looked strong as did gva. Definitely going to win a monument yet again I reckon.

Last edited:
Soldato
Might have been Jose Been?

She’s been on cyclingtips a little and is very professional and experienced. Will nail all the riders names!

It’s time for a commentary changing of the guard, long overdue.

Back
Top Bottom