Probably a complete NOOB question about the "Titan Viper" 2.80GHz @ 4Ghz question!

Associate
Ok guys I've just recently purchased the fabulous system package: "Titan Viper" Intel Core i7 930 2.80GHz @ 4.00GHz DDR3 System from OC and it's working a treat - Thanks to OC!!!!

But the question I have is that when I boot up the machine at the DOS system check it's reporting that it is at 2.00Ghz (133x15) and when I'm in windows 'My Computer - Properties' I get the machine speed report at 2.80Ghz - 2.00Ghz as shown in the picture below:

mymachine.jpg

Now coming from a slow machine upgrade, everything is Ninja quick so not noticing whether I am at 2.80Ghz/2Ghz or actually at 4Ghz...so cannot tell whether the guys at OC have forgot to crank my machine upto 4Ghz or not....is there anyway of telling it's at 4Ghz...cos i've looked at CPUZ (CPUID) and none the wiser!!!

I know this is probably a typical NOOB question and apols for asking, but any help would be appreciated!

Cheers
ChrisC

Last edited:
Caporegime
Hi, and welcome to the forums.:) Put the system under load with a utility such as prime 95, then check with cpuz to see if the full 4ghz clockspeed shows. Windows system info wont show the overclock, if the clock doesnt show in cpuz when prime testing, you may have to load the overclockers profile in bios.

Soldato
I thought I read some place that you have to load the overclock in the BIOS on these pre-overclocked packages?

However, I cant explain the 2.8GHz and 2.0GHz part.

Associate
Your system may be detecting it's current speed without all the multipliers, like CPU-Z will show you, but once on load it will use them all and the speed will increase, if not then you need to go into the bios and tell it to use all of the multipliers, the 920 has 21, 20 normally and 21 for turbo mode, I think the 930 has 21 and 22 for turbo, but not sure, either way it's more than 15, and 133 is stock settings it looks like.. but multipliers should be more, so I don't know what OCuk did

Associate
OP
Thanks to RJC - F12 and selected 'ocuk Viper' now at 4Ghz on Bios bootup....hell yeah!!!

Cooking this babies gas now....thanks guys appreciate the quick assistances!

Associate
Hey ccorkin, I don't know if you're still looking around the forum, but if you are could you answer me a few questions. Basically I'm looking to buy the VIPER system on Monday and wondering how is it holding up and does everything seem stable. Also was everything inside the case nice and neat and secured properly. Cheers :)

Associate
Hey ccorkin, I don't know if you're still looking around the forum, but if you are could you answer me a few questions. Basically I'm looking to buy the VIPER system on Monday and wondering how is it holding up and does everything seem stable. Also was everything inside the case nice and neat and secured properly. Cheers :)

They are nice and neat inside
got mine in the antec 1200 and its every bit as tidy as these :cool:
http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=17983465

Associate
Ah they do look nice i was just trying to decide whether to get it in the antec 902 or the 1200.

Yes they are nice im very happy with mine :cool:
i went for the 1200 over the 902 and glad i did but thats just my taste
also got a xfx5850 , 1tb hd and windows7 64bit

If you scroll down in that link there's a 902 and 1200 next to each other
The 1200 is BIG and i mean BIG lol

Soldato
On boot you either press DEL, F8 or F10, dont know the exact one for you though.

Yes you do have to activate the OC, once you enter the bios, find the profiles and load one called "OcUK" I think its normally called.

Back
Top Bottom