problem capturing video of ultrasound scan

Associate
I'm trying to figure out how to create a video of ultrasound procedures, for teaching purposes. I'm trying to use an avermedia LGP Lite gl310 to take hdmi or dvi > hdmi from the ultrasound machines then stream the video to OBS on my laptop.

If I connect an hdmi lead from the ultrasound to a monitor the image is stable and a perfect mirror of what is on the machine's display.

However on two separate ultrasound machines one with an hdmi port and one with a dvi port although both made by sonosite with similar software I am getting a screen glitching / flickering issue. I attach a video to demonstrate the problem.

I don't suppose anyone knows what's wrong or how to begin troubleshooting this?

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Our Trusts PACS software can export to Video, have you tried that?
I had to do this on Monday for an Expert who I sent a disc to but our discs don't work on MACs.
It won't be 'diagnostic quality' but should do for what you want.

Associate
OP
I haven't asked the IT department for help, the ultrasound could potentially connect to PACS although, I don't work in radiology so these machines aren't connected like they might be for that department. The machines themselves can create clips but are limited to 30s in duration whereas the procedures I'm trying to record may last several minutes. It's frustrating to be able to capture an image, just a wobbly image I'm just wondering if it's some obvious setup issue.

Man of Honour
I can't help with the sync issue however I presume it is a portable ultrasound machine you are using!
There should be a way to save the DICOM images off onto either your PACS server or a disc.
From there you could load it into DICOM software and export.

I've just recently had an ultrasound Clinician do this for me but the Expert still can't view the images on his DICOM software!

Back
Top Bottom