1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem recovering old gamer tag.

Discussion in 'Console Games & Hardware' started by Gamer_T, 9 Sep 2009.

1. Gamer_T

PermaBanned

I've been trying to recover my old gamer tag, and every time I do so I get a message saying 'Xbox LIVE signup is currently unavailable. Please try again later.'

Anyone else had this issue before, and if so how did you go about fixing it?

Edit - I'm trying to log it in on a new Xbox console.

Last edited: 9 Sep 2009
  2. Streeteh

Capodecina

Had it last night funnily enough, i was trying to get Street Fighter 4 working on the PC using Live for windows. I just left it for an hour and when i came back it worked.

3. Gamer_T

PermaBanned

I did it about 5 times in a row, and on the 5th attempt it decided to work. So thanks anyway. :)

4. AWPC

Sgarrista

Mate, never be online with your gamertag on both 360 & PC at the same time as I found out it causes the 360 to sign out of LIVE and prompts you to recover your gamertag as it detects your PC GFWL using it as well. Took me a few attempts to recover it on my 360 as kept complaining about a corrupt profile and would not store it when the 360 was turned off!

5. Streeteh

Capodecina

Good heads up, cheers for that. Yesterday i actually came up with the idea of running live on my PC and xbox at the same time so i could more easily message people, i'm glad i hadn't tried it out yet now.