1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem with network connection??

Discussion in 'Networks & Internet Connectivity' started by princejim, 27 Jan 2006.

1. princejim

Hitman

Problem with network connection??

I have a wireless network lan at home, using the Safecom ADSL modem it has 1 usb port and 1 ethernet port. The wireless network is ok no problems however, when I plug a computer into the lan socket and try to get on the web it is very slow, it connects ok but downloading web pages is very very slow. My wireless laptop is ok no problems. Anyone any suggestions? Please.

2. sja360

Mobster

tried connecting the laptop via cable to the lan port to check if it isnt just the cable'd machine thats slow itself?
    i aint heard of a cable'd machine being slower for web access than a wireless before :o

3. benjo plz.

Capodecina

Try removing any excesss protocols from the network connection.

4. fluiduk

Wise Guy

Have you tried another cable, i had this exact problem, my g5 was copying files locally at 56k speeds at times. Whacked a new cable in and it was sorted no problem.

5. princejim

Hitman

I will try a new cable. I have removed all un-needed files the board uses RTL 8139c realtek chips. This is driving me nuts.

6. princejim

Hitman

Tried the cable on my laptop and it works ok? HELP I am going out of my mind.