• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Problem with the PNY GTX 285

Associate
The card arrived today and it seems to be working fine except that it will not detect my second monitor.

I've got 2 HP2509M monitors connected via DVI and they both worked perfectly on my 8800GT.

I know my PSU is on the limit for running the card but it should be OK. I've completer 3D Mark Vantage without any problems using the 285 and single screen.

When I swapped out the 8800GT I uninstalled the old drivers and re-installed with the latest drivers but no joy.

I've put the CPU etc back to stock but that didn't help.

Win7 pro X64

Any suggestions ??

Associate
OP
Update

I've swapped out the 460W PSU for a 700W PSU and it didn't make any difference.

I've also tried a fresh windows install on a spare HDD I had lying about

Again no difference.

Getting a bit stumped now.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

Associate
OP
Update

I swapped out the 460W PSU for a 700W PSU - Still only one monitor being picked up.

I did a fresh install of Windows on a spare HDD I had kicking about - no difference.

I'm getting stumped here.

Other than having a faulty DVI port ( not very common ) I'm running out of ideas.

I took out the 285 and put the 8800 back in and after W7 installing drivers I got my 2 screens back.

Could it be a driver issue ??

Anyone else running a gtx 285 on W7 Professional X64 on the mobo in in sig.

Back
Top Bottom