1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problems with booting up

Discussion in 'Motherboards' started by Nitr0us, 14 Jan 2006.

1. Nitr0us

Associate

Hey, im having problems and was woundering if someone could help me.

After my mobo died i bought this 1

Asus P5ND2 SLi nForce4 SLi (LGA775) PCI-Express Motherboard

When i power up all the fans come on and lights, nothing comes on the screen and all i get is a long beep, and then it turns its self off. Im running;
    Intel Pentium 4 650 "LGA775 Prescott" 3.4GHz
    XFX GeForce 7800GT Extreme LED Edition 256MB GDDR3
    Geil 1 gb PC5300 DDR2 RAM
    Hiper Type R 580W PSU

I have reset the CMOS Jumpers and tryed moving the ram into different slots and booting up with 1 stick in but still no luck. Could any one help me with this problem :)

2. sja360

Mobster

well goggle'n one long beep brings up saying its a memory problem?
    what board did you have before?

3. Nitr0us

Associate

I had a MSI Micro board that came with the pc, which died

4. Skywalker

Wise Guy

does anyone know if the ram is compatible with the motherboard , shot in the dark but you never know

5. Nitr0us

Associate

ye it is, its in the manual. It works now, it comes on and all boots fine, the asus screen comes on, and i press del to enter the setup, and the power cuts off, I have no idear why. Its a band new PSU, and i tryed my old 1, so that cant be it. All the connections are fine

Im stumped :(

6. twiceborn

Gangster

You say your old mobo died. Sure? Could it have been another component? Tell us the story :)

7. Nitr0us

Associate

Well it did bascally what it does now, so i could have not been the mobo :O

My old mobo worked fine, untill i bought the 7800, i had no output on the screen. and then the pc would just shut down in about 10 secs.

So i bought the new one. With the 7800 in i get a long beep, b4 it shuts off. So i put my old 6600 in, and it boots up fine all the fans come on, comes on the screen, and i get the beep. Then suddenly, the power cuts out, Its a brand new psu, so i dont think it could be that.

Im just really stumped, i paid alot of money for it, and i cant use it. Im just hoping that i can get it running.

Any help would be most greatfull :D

8. Sagi3

Gangster

Could be way off track, but have you considered if the power from the house is good/clean enough. You could try getting an extension board that eradicates spikes in the power supply for around a tenner

9. Nitr0us

Associate

Well i turned it on this morning, and it lasted about 2 mins, so i had time to check the cpu temp, It was on 90. So im guessing the heat sync is broken, off to get a new 1 now, and hope it fixes :D

10. Nitr0us

Associate

FIXED!!!!

YES YES YES it works :D

was the heat sink after all, no for some quility CSS. Thanks guys for the help