Problems with new build

Associate
Got the parts and built the computer and I think/hope everything is installted right, can't see any issues right now but I'm having a weird problem I can't for the life of me find and solutions for in any guides or help lines.

Got everything built, turned on and seemed fine, put in the windows installation usb and start that process. About 20 seconds into it the screen goes blank so I figure there is some problem with something.

It loads and then the windows install screen starts to appear, I get through a few seconds of it maybe about 20-30 seconds and then the screen goes blank. The computer itself physically appears to continue running but the screen isn't active so I cant see whats going on.

The same thing happens when I go into the bios settings. I go into the bios and start to look around it to check on things and after about 20-30 seconds the screen goes black/blank against, screen is still connected and doesn't time out from lack of input. Computer appears to be running fine physically but after 20-30 seconds of being on in the bios or the windows instalation the screen goes blank sort of like it was in sleep mode.

I started to try and figure out what may be the issue. I got the old standard hard drive from my old computer and switched it with the new SSD hard drive.

I got my old working hard drive from my old comptuer(still with windows installed) and the computer loaded windows up perfectly from this old hard drive. No screen issues no problems.

I ran a few programs and played a few games with this set up using the old hard drive so it seems that all the parts are working correctly.

I checked my new ssd hard drive ( the one I was trying to install windows on) and it appears to work alright in itself. I formatted it and used it as a secondary hard drive to check it was working, seemed fine. Could load files and install programs on it.

So atm with an old hard drive in place everything works fine but when I try to install windows on the new hard drive the original issue comes back in that the install or the bios just seems to sleep the screen after about 20-30 seconds.

My guess is its some sort of issue with the bios settings or something thats turning off the screen or sleeping it in some way but I've no idea what could be causing it.Any help and advice would be appreciated.

Right now I'm just using my old harddrive and everythings working fine so I have a working computer for a time but its an old HD and I really want to get the solid state one working as the old hard drive sounds like its on its last legs.

Any help and advice would be appreciated.

=======
Specs below:

OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Home Version 10.0.18362 Build 18362 Other OS Description Not Available OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation System Name DESKTOP-5PKC0HF

System Manufacturer Gigabyte Technology Co.,
Ltd. System Model B450 AORUS ELITE System Type x64-based PC System SKU Default string Processor AMD Ryzen 7 2700X Eight-Core Processor, 3700 Mhz, 8 Core(s), 16 Logical Processor(s) BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. F41, 22/07/2019 SMBIOS Version 3.2 Embedded Controller Version 255.255 BIOS Mode Legacy BaseBoard Manufacturer Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. BaseBoard Product B450 AORUS ELITE BaseBoard Version x.x Platform Role Desktop Secure Boot State Unsupported PCR7 Configuration Binding Not Possible Windows Directory C:\WINDOWS System Directory C:\WINDOWS\system32 Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume4 Locale Removed Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "10.0.18362.387" Username Time Zone GMT Standard Time Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 31.9 GB Total Physical Memory 31.9 GB Available Physical Memory 24.2 GB Total Virtual Memory 36.7 GB Available Virtual Memory 26.0 GB Page File Space 4.75 GB Page File C:\pagefile.sys Kernel DMA Protection Off Virtualisation-based security Not enabled Hyper-V - VM Monitor Mode Extensions Yes Hyper-V - Second Level Address Translation Extensions Yes Hyper-V - Virtualisation Enabled in Firmware No Hyper-V - Data Execution Protection Yes

- AMD Ryzen 7 Eight Core 2700X 4.35GHz (Socket AM4) Processor - Retail
- Gigabyte B450 AORUS ELITE (Socket AM4) DDR4 ATX Motherboard
- Corsair Vengeance LPX Black 32GB 3200 MHz AMD Ryzen Tuned DDR4 Memory Kit
- MSI GeForce RTX 2060 Ventus XS OC 6144MB GDDR6 PCI-Express Graphics Card
Corsair RM Series RM850 850W '80 Plus Gold' Modular Power Supply (CP-9020196-UK)
Samsung 1TB 860 EVO SSD 2.5" SATA 6Gbps 64 Layer 3D V-NAND Solid State Drive (MZ-76E1T0B/EU)
Seagate 2TB BarraCuda 7200RPM 256MB Cache Internal Hard Drive (ST2000DM008)
Corsair Obsidian 750D Airflow Full Tower Case - Black (CC-9011078-WW)

Associate
OP
BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. F41, 22/07/2019

Looks like theres a F50 update. Will update that and fingers crossed.

Associate
OP
Having a bit of trouble with this.

I can't safely update the bios because the screen goes dead when I'm in the bios settings.

Soldato
have you tried using a diffrent port on the gpu?, sometimes you can get ports which are faulty direct from the factory.
if you have the old hdd running and everythings fine go ahead and update the bios to f50, once done try the ssd and see what happens.

failing that try another gpu and see what happens, with the screen going into sleep mode sounds like a gpu issue to me

Associate
OP
Tried everything linked to the computer.

Eventually then tried a new monitor and that fixed the issue. It was some sort of weird issue with the monitor and the computer.

Thanks for the help though guys.

Associate
OP
God dam I think everythings fine and then something else happens.

So fully installed windows on the ssd, everything is working fine all good.

Noticed my secondary hard drive isn't showing up in This Computer.

I bring up disk management and try to initialise it and get the error the request could not be performed because of an I/O device error.

Back
Top Bottom