1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problems with SyncMaster 730BF

Discussion in 'Monitors' started by Z3R0-CooL, 20 Jan 2006.

1. Z3R0-CooL

Associate

i am getting a weird message when i play games.. Almost all the time i get a black or a weird screen with a box saying "not optimum mode. 1280x1024 60hz recommended".. and the computer freezes completely and i have to press the reset button...

i have the latest driver from the website and the original driver from the CD does the same.. any clues?

2. Dutch Guy

Capodecina

Did you have a CRT onitor before the FTF and were/are you using a refreshrate override app?

3. Z3R0-CooL

Associate

no... fresh install of windows.... and no

4. ajgoodfellow

Capodecina

Check the settings in nVidia Control Panel (nVidia card) or ATI Catalyst Control Centre (ATI card) to check that it isn't forcing a higher refresh rate for 3D

5. Z3R0-CooL

Associate

done that.. i have overriden the setting in the nvidia cotrol panel so that it locks the refresh rate at 60Hz

6. Baddass

Don

does that help then? are there options within the game you're playing which is changing the refresh rate (unlikely though tbh)?

7. Z3R0-CooL

Associate

no it doesnt.. problem still occurs... there are some games like starship troopers where u can set the RR but doesnt make a difference. i contacted samsung.. they told me when i go into the game i have to go back to windows and change the resolution back to 1280x1024... basically they told me they dont have a clue...