1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Processes using 100% of cpu

Discussion in 'Windows & Other Software' started by KevinCB, 10 Jul 2006.

1. KevinCB

Gangster

Hi folks,

I reformatted my drive on sat, as I have got a new mobo. After re-installing it seemed fine, but then after a while some of the processes started to use 100% of the cpu e.g. If I open task manager and move the window around the screen the taskmgr process goes up to 100, when I stop it goes down to 0. Same goes for scrolling in IE, and also when moving other windows around the screen the relevant process goes to 100.

I have ran NOD32, no viruses were found. Ran Spybot, no spyware found. Ran Ewido. And also scanned the protected files in windows, to see if they are the same as the original files on the xp disc.

All these reported no problems. Is there anything else that could be causing this?

Thanks

2. GeForce

Mobster

Window redraw is generally very CPU intensive. Could easily put the CPU usage up to 100%.

Not sure about the IE scrolling though...

Jon

3. The_KiD

PermaBanned

You done all your windows updates?

4. KevinCB

Gangster

Yep I have download all the updates for windows.

5. The_KiD

PermaBanned

Which Processes is it?

6. KevinCB

Gangster

Depens on what I'm doing. Sometimes it is iexplore, sometimes it is taskmgr, sometimes it is winlogon.