Progressing ( electrical Field service tech questions/PLC)

Soldato
Hi all,

Just after some advice and to ask some questions.

I've just finished my HNC in Electrical/electronic engineering, previously completed an apprenticeship in the same but Im technically.multi disciplined as I have to work with mechanical and electrical equipment.

Over the past 2 years, the business I graduated in has declined and I feel as if there's nothing for me there (long story short, another company are paying my wages while their is no work to retain the skills).

I've studied hard and worked hard and don't want to stay as I'm getting bored out of my brain (most people hide out the way and watch some Netflix).

Hence I've started job searching and my friend recommended me to another company as a field service engineer, whom mainly install, maintain and develop packaging systems for food companies.

They seemed interested as I had a phonecall with their HR and said a lot of my skills would be transferable but I would have to be trained.

Later on she sent me the job description which detailed the following areas

PLC, HMI, and servo programming

Advanced understanding of VFD functions, operations, and programming is required

Is there anything specific I can look at that would help in an interview situation?

The role details 80% of my time would entail travel worldwide and I'm wondering if anyone on here has done anything similar?

I really want to get into using PLC systems and ladder logic because I believe that's where the majority of engineering work in my field covers.

So any info would greatly help or advice!

Back
Top Bottom