Project Diamond Black: 100% Complete AT LAST!! - Tons of Pictures

Soldato
OP
Well ive rang a few places that do chrome plating and they werent really interested in doing a small one off like mine:(

Also as its steel I cant get it anodised BUT!! There is a place which has a zinc plating service and ive just talked to the guy and said it comes up with a near enough chrome finish. Im going to pop down to see them in the week and see what can be done.

Soldato
OP
They were round originally but had a stupid grill stamped into them. I drilled out the grill and then used a semi round file to make it all smooth. Came out really sweet, the edge isnt all that important anyway because a grill will be covering it later.

Soldato
Not sure whereabouts you are but I've got a mate in Manchester, that's building a Hot Rod.

He's sent quite a few small pieces to be chromed and they've all come back looking ace :D

If you're interested could get details off him for ya.

Soldato
OP
hehe pics will be there at every stage dont worry about that:D

My aquatube and aquadrive will be coming tomorrow.

I can then cut the hole for the aquatube and then that is ready for my dad to give it a superb spray at work. I will also get one side of the aquatube plate zinc'd as that would look very nice, if i dont like it I can always turn it back over to the normal finish:D

Here is an aquatube for anyone who hasnt seen one before, its basically a fancy reservoir for the watercooling that will be housed in the case.

aquatube.jpg

Where it is blue, mine will be a titanium colour.

Soldato
If anyone is interested, the W/C PSU is £230 for 250w but it can beat an Enermax 431w any day.

It has over-perfect voltage lines and can handle a Hercules 9800 Pro (Which apparantly requires 300w min):p
Dad has it in his computer. :(

GT3

GT3

Soldato
Originally posted by Gokou
u sure it can beat a 431w?

i would be surprised :o

Probably, Enermax PSUs are crap generally, they would be ok if they were priced the same as Q-tecs but at the price they are at - a complete rip-off.

Back
Top Bottom