Project Diamond Black: 100% Complete AT LAST!! - Tons of Pictures

Soldato
OP
Originally posted by GT3_GOD
I am so glad I suggested the chrome look for this case, and look at all the other people copying you on bit-tech, a million times better than siks white idea ;)

Ive had lots of suggestions for the case, carrying it out is down to me;)

But yeah chrome was the best combination for the black and I guess I have started something wonderful over at bt:D

Soldato
OP
Well I started this project in June and it is now October and through a lot of patience, precision work and ensuring I keep my level of high quality, here is the finished article which is Project Diamond Black.

Now dont think thats all there is left, there may be some goodies coming and going with this machine in the future:D

Today started off with some mesh I had bought from B&Q a long time back, cutting up with scissors is all it took.
22.jpg

With the mesh finally in place, the imitation aquatube plate grill is now complete and mounted in place.
52.jpg

Top view
53.jpg

Mesh is in place at the rear 80mm fan holes.
54.jpg

Here is another photo of the Porsche standard bodywork finish only on the front panel. The same procedure of workmanship went into this front panel as it did on the numerous Porsches my father worked on when he used to work for an official repair centre.
55.jpg

Soldato
OP
Finished outside shot.
56.jpg

The top chrome pieces play havoc with the camera but you can see the chrome detail on the aquadrive on the front which came out quite nice.
57.jpg

Side shot, (window needs cleaning btw!)
58.jpg

Rear shots.
59.jpg

60.jpg

Thanks to those who have followed this thread:)

GT3

GT3

Soldato
  • DVD drive needs stealthing or painting gloss black, or possibly chroming
  • PSU needs chroming and bling gold grill replacing
  • Perspex window looks scratched, could just be the photo though
  • Isnt that a rad at the bottom? So whats under the rad plate?

Other than those minor niggles, one of the best looking cases I have seen :cool:

Soldato
OP
Originally posted by GT3_GOD
  • DVD drive needs stealthing or painting gloss black, or possibly chroming
  • PSU needs chroming and bling gold grill replacing
  • Perspex window looks scratched, could just be the photo though
  • Isnt that a rad at the bottom? So whats under the rad plate?

Other than those minor niggles, one of the best looking cases I have seen :cool:

Theres always one:D

Point 1 - Im ahead of you, might give it to my dad to spray. Or I may just stealth it.

Point 2 - PSU is on its way out soon, dont like having fans so im going to get a fanless one imported from the States. So blingyfying it wont achieve much for me.

Point 3 - Its the photo, I tried to give it a quick clean but smeared it a bit, will get some glass cleaner or something.

Point 4 - Rad is at the bottom due to not being able to fit it at the top (its all in this thread), under the "rad" plate is nothing at the moment. It looks cool though which is the positive that has come out of a slight misplan.

Soldato
Originally posted by gurdas
Point 3 - Its the photo, I tried to give it a quick clean but smeared it a bit, will get some glass cleaner or something.
Can't beat Novus imo, for cleaning perspex and suchlike :)

Tried it a while ago, after Gordy mentioned it, never looked back.

Back
Top Bottom