Project Diamond Black: 100% Complete AT LAST!! - Tons of Pictures

Soldato
Originally posted by GT3_GOD
Probably, Enermax PSUs are crap generally, they would be ok if they were priced the same as Q-tecs but at the price they are at - a complete rip-off.
Lol dont be silly. Enermax can charge that much because they have built up a reputation. You cant just build a sloppy psu and charge at that much and hope for the best.

Such a silly comment with a handful of customers (who probably brough fake ones at comp fairs :p) as a poor line of defence.

Soldato
OP
I bought an enermax 350w for my fathers computer because it was cheaper than an antec but a reliable psu, more so than the qtec's.

I have gone full house with the antec 480w this time because the system deserves nothing less:p

Associate
Originally posted by gurdas
I bought an enermax 350w for my fathers computer because it was cheaper than an antec but a reliable psu, more so than the qtec's.

I have gone full house with the antec 480w this time because the system deserves nothing less:p

Have just recieved my Trueblue 480w, simply oozes quality! Oh look its gone and dripped on the carpet again:D

Soldato
OP
Well as promised here are some more pictures. This time off the goodies that arrived today:D

Beautiful Abit NF7-S V2 motherboard
05.jpg

Stupidly fast Raptor Sata Drive with silver braided floppy and sata cable
06.jpg

Oozing quality Antec 480w Trueblue
07.jpg

Logitech MX700 Mice which will be finding a new home under my hand soon on a desk near you
08.jpg

Associate
Well as promised here are some more pictures. This time off the goodies that arrived today:D

Beautiful Abit NF7-S V2 motherboard
05.jpg

Stupidly fast Raptor Sata Drive with silver braided floppy and sata cable
06.jpg

Oozing quality Antec 480w Trueblue
07.jpg

Logitech MX700 Mice which will be finding a new home under my hand soon on a desk near you
08.jpg

Drooool! what do ya think of ya Trueblue? and i wouldn't put it on that sideboard as the quality stains!

Soldato
OP
Originally posted by Tommy D
gurdas where the hell do you get all your money from mate?

/jealous :)

I robbed eyedot while he was on his way to give cash for his new car:)

Joking aside:D I had quite a bit of money just collecting dust in my account, so I thought id put it to some good use. I sold quite a few old parts to get some cash and also I got about half a grand from my sister in return for the 1.7ghz p4 computer (my old computer) that is finding a new home in her room.

The bad thing is, now I am BROKE! I will have to get a summer job to get the other things I wanted, like ipod/digital camera/dvd system etc.

Also remember im only 16 so that means I dont have to pay for bills, food, rent etc. so any cash is spending money:D

All I need to arrive now is my 1gig of twinmos pc3200, my microsoft natural black/silver cordless keyboard and my case is near enough ready to go off to be sprayed and zinc'd.

Check this thread tonight for pictures of my aquatube mounted on top of me case:)

Soldato
I robbed eyedot while he was on his way to give cash for his new car:)

Joking aside:D I had quite a bit of money just collecting dust in my account, so I thought id put it to some good use. I sold quite a few old parts to get some cash and also I got about half a grand from my sister in return for the 1.7ghz p4 computer (my old computer) that is finding a new home in her room.

The bad thing is, now I am BROKE! I will have to get a summer job to get the other things I wanted, like ipod/digital camera/dvd system etc.

Also remember im only 16 so that means I dont have to pay for bills, food, rent etc. so any cash is spending money:D

All I need to arrive now is my 1gig of twinmos pc3200, my microsoft natural black/silver cordless keyboard and my case is near enough ready to go off to be sprayed and zinc'd.

Check this thread tonight for pictures of my aquatube mounted on top of me case:)
Nice one.

Can't wait, :)

Edit: I am also 16 and would never be able to afford all that stuff!

Soldato
OP
Thanks for the kind comments.

Here are some pictures of the case with the aquatube hole cut out. Its 80mm diameter and to cut it out I used a drill bit and file:D Not a perfect circle I know but it doesnt need to be.

04.jpg

05.jpg

Soldato
OP
Here are some pictures with the aquatube fitting ever so nicely in the home I made for it. Its perfectly aligned, give or take a fraction of a mm.

06.jpg

07.jpg

08.jpg

09.jpg

Next on the list? The top, sides and front are off to be sprayed in a £1,000,000 spraying facility where it will be treated in the same fashion that car parts will go through at the factory stage. It will be sprayed by a professional sprayer (dad;)) and will be done in a very nice Vauxhall Midnight Black which is a two coat pearlescent metallic paint.

Hopefully while that is being done I can get the cage (grey parts) zinc'd which will HOPEFULLY give it a chromed effect.

Soldato
OP
Originally posted by Fusion
Pimpin, black n chrome just like the 'Lade eh? :cool: :D

Damn straight, now I just need to find some 27's to mount on this:D

As for tomorrow, I think ill cut some mounting holes for the pump, the question is, where to mount it? muwauahahahaha.
odb9.gif

Also ill be cutting a hole in the motherboard tray, why you may ask...well so that I dont have to take out the motherboard when I want to remove the waterblock
odb3.gif

With a case this pimpin, do you really need to ask why I use pimpin smilies?

Associate
i sense excitment and a little boy wanting to play with his new toy :)

i think if i ever watercool, id want to do it the full 9 yards, ie. 2 of those watercooled hdd bays, a watercooled psu, aquatube, custom block for my cpu etc

if i do it i want it to look damn cool, and have no drawbacks

however ur bound to get top results with ur system, and if i remember right, u have one of cathars previous blocks as well, so ur bound to get top results. i love what ur doing, because like me u want perfect and slick results; thats why i havent touched my 110 yet, as i dont want to do anything that i wont be proud of. Just out of interest, how are u going to fix a grill to the top of the case where teh fan will go - where will u rivet/screw the grill on?

its looking absolutely top notch; cant wait to see the final product :)

Soldato
OP
Originally posted by shroom
i sense excitment and a little boy wanting to play with his new toy

i think if i ever watercool, id want to do it the full 9 yards, ie. 2 of those watercooled hdd bays, a watercooled psu, aquatube, custom block for my cpu etc

if i do it i want it to look damn cool, and have no drawbacks

however ur bound to get top results with ur system, and if i remember right, u have one of cathars previous blocks as well, so ur bound to get top results. i love what ur doing, because like me u want perfect and slick results; thats why i havent touched my 110 yet, as i dont want to do anything that i wont be proud of. Just out of interest, how are u going to fix a grill to the top of the case where teh fan will go - where will u rivet/screw the grill on?

its looking absolutely top notch; cant wait to see the final product

Your right on the excitement bit:D I really cant wait to feel the power of this system, as well as the final look of it.

Yep you remembered right, I have Cathars original Little River White Water which has been sitting with little action for months, but its going to get used hard now:D I wanted to keep everything in the system as decent as I could, for the watercooling I had to have the aquacomputer gear because the quality speaks for itself, plus with a 10k rpm hard drive its bound to put out some heat and the cooler acts as a silent drive enclosure too. The block is the best I can get, well it was at the time, im sure cathars new block will beat his old one. The pump, eheim 1250 is a good fast flowing pump which is always nice to have and the radiator is a HTP2 Single which I have heard is pretty decent. Tubing is 1/2" dangerden, its pratically tygon tubing but a lot cheaper.

The hardware is also some of the best quality, abit nf7-s v2 - probably the best Nforce2 board at the moment, Antec Trueblue 480w-again one of the best quality psu's, MX700- best mouse, 1700+ Tbred DLT3C 0310- i got this chip handpicked and the guy has the chip built right before it and he got his up to 2.8ghz in his prommy so im hoping for a decent clock in my watercooling setup, 2x512mb Twinmos w/ winbond chips - quality ram especially with the winbond chips which puts it in the same league as the high end corsair sticks, WD Raptor 10k sata - fastest Sata drive in the world, what more can you say!

You're right about the being perfect part too, I love to make sure my things are aligned exact and things co-ordinate correctly because at the end of the day its only going to be done once so you might aswell do it properly.

As for the grill at the top (15cm square) im not sure what to do with that, ive seen chrome edging I can use which will give it a nice touch and then use silver mesh and use some adhesive on the inside of the case to stick it on, this will leave a clean look. OR what I have been considering is making a plate like the one on the aquatube, but big enough for the 15cm square, and then use the same screws that came with the aquatube, to mount that on the case. This however would still leave a 120mm diameter circle in the middle which I can then use silver grill. Im undecided on that part, but its a bit that can always be done at any stage.

Also what came to me last night, with the aquatube im definitely going to get bigger holes cut for bigger barbs as currently its designed for a 10mm setup whereas mine is a 1/2" setup. So im going to get some 1/2" barbs and then get my dad to cut the aquatube to fit the new barbs. After this there will be bare aluminium showing which COULD lead to corrosion in the system due to mixed metals, but what I think would be fun is to get the tube part anodised BLACK:D This way it will give it a protective coating and the black will match the system, whereas the current colour, titanium (dark silver-bit greeny) doesnt. Should be sweet as I havent seen anyone with a black aquatube before:)

Associate
hmm, i like ur idea... in my mind i can imagine a square border plate witha mesh stuck to its underside screwed over the top, with the rad ( i suppose thats what ur putting beneath it ) and fan screwed up through the bottom. That way as you said youd get a similar look to the aquatube, as ud have a metal plate over the top. im not too sure about chrome edging tbh... i think it can look a bit tacky if a little thing goes wrong, but im sure it has the potential to look good if done right.

the aquatube would look quality in black, what res are u using? if its black, then it would match it :)

Back
Top Bottom