Project Diamond Black: 100% Complete AT LAST!! - Tons of Pictures

Associate
Im posting on behalf of my mate gurdas, he told me to tell you that he went to the place that done the zinc plating but it wasnt the finish he was after, it gave a dull silver effect. Otherwise the zinc plating would cost £35 to do the chassis.
He has rang up a chrome plating company and they said they can do it for around £35 and give a proper chrome finish. He has their contact details and is going to visit them in the next couple days.

Soldato
OP
Sorry for the lack of updates, ive got hold of a place which sells chrome spray, I will speak to the shop people on monday and if its any good I will chrome the chassis myself:D More fun rather than getting it done by someone else:)

Sam

Sam

Soldato
Originally posted by Lithium
imo dont bother with sprays if your lookin for a good finish - i like the sound of annodizing - apparantly that is like rock hard!

looking good gurdas

looking forward to updates :)

Caporegime
First of all

Nice job on the CASE ! that is so smokin' :D And good water cooling stuff, and nice PSU :D

one thing though, why get a nforce 2 board and PC3200 RAM, then use a 1700 + ? I know that chip OC well, surely putting in a 2500+ Barton will OC even better ? (it's cheap enough, same price you paid for the 1700+) Since it has a headstarts of few hundred Mhz in the first place, plus the FSB will be better match for the RAM and mobo. And with those watercooling, you'll be able to hit 3200+ without breaking a sweat. People have done that on Air, may be you can hit 3Ghz with your watercooling.

Soldato
Gurdas, you could consider this grill for the rad air hole:

grill.jpg

Actually, looking at it, it looks as if the grill is smaller than the hole you cut.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Originally posted by Lithium
imo dont bother with sprays if your lookin for a good finish - i like the sound of annodizing - apparantly that is like rock hard!

Really? I would have thought if it was being sprayed by a professional final finish sprayer, using factory quality spray in a £1,000,000 spraying booth facility it would be more than a good finish;) By the time it comes out, the outside of the case will look like brand spanking new car:D

As for anodising, my case is steel, anodising only works with aluminium. I am however getting my aquatube-tank part anodised black.

Originally posted by Raymond Lin

one thing though, why get a nforce 2 board and PC3200 RAM, then use a 1700 + ? I know that chip OC well, surely putting in a 2500+ Barton will OC even better ? (it's cheap enough, same price you paid for the 1700+) Since it has a headstarts of few hundred Mhz in the first place, plus the FSB will be better match for the RAM and mobo. And with those watercooling, you'll be able to hit 3200+ without breaking a sweat. People have done that on Air, may be you can hit 3Ghz with your watercooling.

Will it really hit 3ghz? Ive never heard of one doing that.

My 1700+ is a handpicked DLT3C 0310 and the guy I bought it off has exactly the same chip, produced straight after mine, his it 2.9ghz in a prommy. Now if I can hit over 2.5ghz in my 1700+ im more than happy:D If you can show me 2500+ bartons that hit near 3ghz then I may take up your offer and buy one, but only after ive seen what the 1700+ can do and if its worth the upgrade.

Coot: I kinda regret not making my rad hole smaller, guess I was getting a bit drill+file happy:p Its ok though, with my new idea it should be pretty good and it will keep with the aquatube plate design so it will match nicely.

Soldato
I think Lithium was probably meaning the spray chrome stuff.

You and I both know how good a finish the case will be ;)
but I've never seen a spray on chrome that looks good enough to match the quality of the rest of your case.
Would be glad to be proved wrong, just see a sample first if you can.

Have to agree with everyone else that this is really going to be something when it's finished :D

Soldato
OP
Small update,

I have recieved my spangley Coolermaster Alloy Keyboard, very nice, exactly the key style i was after. However the space bar is at a weird position because im usually used to have the actual border of the keyboard lower, but im sure I will get used to it. One thing I dislike is the "CM Gear" logo they have planted on it, looks very tacky, a simple coolermaster engraving would have given it a nice touch, or even plain Coolermaster:confused:

I bought some chrome spray for halfords today, 500ml for £5.99. I will try it out tomorrow on a the hard drive cage I took out of the case as im not using that anymore. I will give you the results of the sort of finish it gives aswell just to let people know what its like. If its any good I can do the entire chassis and that would be a HUGE part of the project done, taking it up to about 95%:)

Caporegime
Got any pics of the keyboard m8? Was thinking of getting one myself.

Are you going to change the LEDs in it to bloo?

Soldato
OP
Originally posted by Caged
Got any pics of the keyboard m8? Was thinking of getting one myself.

Are you going to change the LEDs in it to bloo?

Sure ill take some tomorrow when there is some good light.

Good idea on the led's, are they easy to change? I only have 2 blue ones here so I will have to see how its done.

Back
Top Bottom