Project #FF7F00

Associate
Very nice paint job on that well done. Did you paint it semi assembled or did you take it all apart ? I have a 922 and not touched it yet but would very much like to paint the inside matt black.

Soldato
OP
Painted as per the main case in picture 2 in 1st post. It's rivited together so I wasn't going to start taking them apart. If you just take your time and spray from the front and back to make sure you get all the sides/edges etc it's fairly easy.

Soldato
OP
Next update.

Got all the bits to complete the build and thing have been busy at work/home this week but here we go.

First up - standard Switftech pump

Along with newly fitted EK D5 X-TOP (rev 2) looks much nicer!!

Rest of tubing completed in loop

Some PCI blanking plates nicely spray black to keep the theme going

Kingston SSD drive - with 3.5" rails attached.

Lovely simple hard drive mountings with this case - 500gb drive sits in and just slides into place - no screws or anything.

General internal shot

Front panel back in place with Fan controller and DVD drive - If/when time permits I will try and cover the DVD drive with one of the blanking/mesh covers.

Decided to mount the SSD on the back side of my case out the way as this should show less cables - couple of cable ties and the job's done.

Leak testing begins - using Thermochill EC6 clear for coolant. Good write ups and clear so hopefully no staining etc.

Will advise on leak testing update later with all the wiring to complete still!

Only thing I have noticed when leak testing/jumping starting psu - I have suddenly got a ticking psu. It's not the fan on the PSU but something else - whether anything has fallen into the psu or not will check later when leak testing is completed - will give it a few hours or so. 30 mins in and all good so far.

Soldato
OP
Wallet wise - probably only spent about £60 on bits and bobs (pump top being most expensive thing) - all my current hardware has just been ported over.

All fired up first time (phew!) and back on main pc now rather than laptop - some cable tidying to do and for some reason my overclock has gone pete tong so will need to start again on that but otherwise - nearly done

Back
Top Bottom