Project: LavaStone Nimitz-03 (04-08-06)

Associate
OP
I also glued the plexi to the back of the aquacomputer rad grills...

grills_glued.JPG

Finally a shot of tonights poison :D

peroni.JPG

Just to add; I have re-thought my plans on the airflow of the box, tomorrow I will cut away some more of the offside panel and have the fans draw air in from that side, and exhaust it through the nearside/grill area :)

Associate
OP
quite frankly, the lack of interest in this project from these forums is disheartening, so I will not be continuing to post updates here, those of you who wish to follow the project can do so from my log on the 'other' well known project-logging forums.

If OcUK Forums are seriously intending to grow their hardcore modding community there is no other option than to create a seperate modding forum, imo.

regards.

g.

Soldato
Shame.

The modding community on this site is about a week old, a separate forum at this time would have very little traffic.

The modding on here is using Cases to piggy back up a userbase until it can support itself. A week is no time in forum development.

Soldato
:eek: :eek: :eek:

Waaahhhaaaa??

I was enjoying this, wasn't posting admitidly, but am really enjoying this. I like the idea of doing the whole rad box thing, completely a new concept to me. I'm not on water cooling but I love modded cases and reading the updates etc. It's looking cool so far.

Shame I don't know the other place you talk of :(

Please keep on posting mate, it's a cool thing to read :)

InvG

Caporegime
looking very good. Well to be honest mate if you don't post up then there is going to be no modding intrest at all. But its looking very good. Keep uz updated ;)

Associate
OP
well Im not allowed to post the link to my other thread - and the rules on the amount of images per post on this forum makes it a nightmare to transfer the log over.

Soldato
Short of posting WOW LOVE IT after each picture, not much more that could be contributed though, week old modding community, someone knowing what they are doing above what I and many others do. Of course you wont get feedback past the spam. Anyway this thread is sadly done with now.

Permabanned
I would post up my mods if we had a separate sub forum. They just get lost to the masses in case central too quick. Nice work btw. I do like the TJ03!

Soldato
So, because CC has in the last week had a movement towards modding, and I post the links in a sticky nobody reads....

You wont get a subforum until there is enough traffic to make one worth while. OcUK does not want dead forums about the place.

0 mods for 18 months, 10+ in 2 months now.

That is not enough for its own forum, since becomming UB I am trying to encourage a modding community in here, to make it more modding based, but that wont happen unless people post. You need threads to encourage more threads.

You can't please some people, I made a new sticky just for modding, tricky changing stickies on OcUK at the best of times, I am putting the time into maintaining that aswell.

A modding community does not just come out of thin air, I think the change of focus from just cases to cases and modding is going very well indeed.

Soldato
Well said Yewen. I for one would love to see a modding community grow here at OCUK, but it will take a fair bit of work and time for it to happen. Were not going to turn into the other modding forum overnight. I have been following this thread as I do all the modding threads so far, but as Yewen said there is little point to me posting when I have little to contribute. If you want some suggestions or advice, then sure i'll help if I can but most of the time I will just follow the thread without posting. Shame you are stopping updating this thread gr1mey, its your choice and I respect that but I would very much like you to carry on, both for the sake of this thread in itself, but also to help advance the modding cummunity here on OCUK. :)

Associate
OP
modding forum wont happen here due to OcUK forum policies, links to competitors are out, which kills interest people have in sharing ideas about suppliers and links to other projects on "competitor" forums.

Soldato
Not all forums are competitors, if you check the stickys modding guide you will see places like bittech are linked to.

Certain ones however are blocked, you will discover this when you try to put a bad forums URL in.

Back
Top Bottom