Proposed new setup [56k beware]

Associate
I'm getting my hands on a Samsung LE27T51B in a couple of weeks, and will want to connect it up (permenantly) to my PC. The relevant bits of which are:

IC7-MAX 3
XFX GeForce 6800 (Dual DVI)
2 x Sony SDM-S75DS (DVI input)

So, I want to run all three displays, which will mean getting an extra PCI graphics card. My plan was:

ACLAshton-Diagram.JPG

Where the red indicates DVI cable, and blue indicates VGA cable. The idea is that I will still run both my monitors by DVI, and I can hook the TV upto my GF6800, so I'll have the option of running some games through it.

Now, are there any flaws in my plan thus far? Is there a better configuration? Is the FX5200 ok for decent quality 2D output? Any comments and suggestions are welcome.

:)

Associate
OP
DRZ said:
By the way - why did you feel the need to warn 56k users? One 12k image and a smiley is a bit far, dont you think?
Because some people are in work, and may well wish to avoid threads with images.

Associate
Is there anyway to get a t51 27'er to display from the pc via dvi? I seem to remember someone saying it might be possible with software (powerstrip) somewhere! Now that would rock, kinda wishing i'd lost the inch now- ooo err- (plans have changed now building htpc, so best possible conection to pc would be ace)!

Sorry to hi jack the thread (thought the OP would like to know this too so didn't start a new thread). :)

Last edited:
Associate
5200 should be ok for 2d output, i used an MX400 as a second display and it was fine for most things. Didn't like the transparency effects that i enabled using nview for when you drag something across the screen and If you shook a box really fast on that screen, it was noticeabley less smooth than the other 2 which were on a 5900XT.

Back
Top Bottom