PS3 Hori fighting Stick 3 for under a tenner!!

Soldato
OP
Mine as well, I'm not letting this go though, especially seeing as the team 'leader' wouldn't speak to me and got the nice front line CS lady to relay their tripe.
She was a nice lady and clearly didn't really know much more than she'd been told by her TL, but they were refusing to take my call, citing that they would only tell me the same as she was.
I pressed the point, but to no avail, so I apologised to the lady on the phone for having to deal with the matter, when it should clearly have been her TL's duty.
She gave me her email and asked me to put it all in writing and then she could forward it to someone higher up to deal with. I'll also get hold of her TL's email too, to ensure they're involved.
The money went out of my account, it's been out of my account all weekend and it's still out of my account. They said that they don't have the funds, but the bank has reserved them on their behalf, therefore the contract is not in place.
I think that whiffs a bit, so I'm checking with my barrister friend tonight to see where I stand.

Associate
Jumping consoles, but does anyone know what a good stick is for the x-box?

Having said that if there were any bargains for the PS3 I'd just buy street fighter for that;)

Saw a soul calibur branded one but it only appear to have six buttons!

Soldato
Never buying anything from gamestation again, scum.

FAIR ENOUGH it turned out to be a pricing error, but to take the money and then not send you the item is truly dire. It wasn't even that obviously an error, could have just been a stock clearout at that price.

Soldato
Oh please grow up. It it was a pricing error then you probably knew it before you ordered, and if you give thought to the high numbers of products they stock then the odd mistake is bound to happen. And as for take the money being taken, you do realise they probably have automated system in place - yes?

As with all pricing errors you hope it goes through and without someone posting it to the internet in the first place you wouldn't have known about it anyway, which is ironically when these things are realised by the company.

Soldato
To be fair, that 'pricing error' has been up on their website for the best part of a year, they just haven't had any stock. I chucked in a preorder of it at that price a month before Street Fighter IV came out.

Soldato
Definitely not worth getting worked up about.
It's more than likely that they don't have the money from your account. The bank reserves the money so it appears it has been sent even when it is in processing at the bank.

Soldato
This still blows a little though. Pricing error or not most large firms will honor the price because its their fault and take it on the chin. I agree with most though, never really like gamestation much to begin with and will probably avoid them in the future.

Associate
Game (same company) honoured the Free singstar wireless mics deals they had posted. It was there fault as they assumed they would be wireless when in fact were wired. They ended up posting all the people who bought it extra wireless mics (came with wired) and said they could keep the wired ones too.

Though i do agree it is very rare and i thinks its only because they had already posted the items (and taken the money) that they honoured it.

Soldato
OP
Definitely not worth getting worked up about.
It's more than likely that they don't have the money from your account. The bank reserves the money so it appears it has been sent even when it is in processing at the bank.
This is correct, but that money has been 'reserved' since Friday and despite them cancelling the order, it's still not available to me.
they might not have the cash themselves, but someone acting on their behalf (the bank) has removed my access to those funds.
It's as good as taking the money.

Soldato
OP
To be fair, that 'pricing error' has been up on their website for the best part of a year, they just haven't had any stock. I chucked in a preorder of it at that price a month before Street Fighter IV came out.
Yeah, I noticed that too.
What they did was make it back in stock and advertise that fact before amending the price.
I'd also like to point out that they debited my card at the lower price AFTER they'd changed the price on the website to £39.99, they've pretty much done everything wrong that they possibly could.

Back
Top Bottom