PS3 Impressions and Opinions Thread **Now includes pricing information**

Soldato
JBeck said:
So many people going over the top whining and making assumptions as usual...

The missing HDMI shouldn't matter as they'll offer alternative connections just like the 360 i.e. component. Yes it is expensive BUT if Blu ray takes off then no it isn't is it? I'd rather have a 'PS2 style' black PS3 all in one box, than a white 360 with another white HD DVD box by the side of it along with yet more cables to power and connect the thing. Of course, if HD DVD wins the war, then Sony are going to struggle.

the HDDVD is only for movies though ithought? so its not like you need one, most people will by a HDDVD standalone

Soldato
I know I will get one eventually but it could be a few years. It's all about the games and the games on the PS3 interest me more. MGS4 is a game I'd like to get and I will definitely get one when an FF game comes out for it (but that'll be around 2010 so hopefully it'll be much cheaper by then).

Soldato
IMO microsoft have this generation wrapped up now. Sony have ripped out so many of the "OMFG !!!11ONE" features the fanboys were shouting about this time last year, upped the price and still havent made a decent controller. Plus they havent even showed us the ps3 online service yet, and we all know microsoft have it right on the money with xbox live.

If sony had redesigned a decent controller, its still the wrong shape, the analogue sticks are in the wrong place and the tilt sensor is of no/little use. Imagine playing fifa, you've just missed a penalty and you flail your controller in anger, and it kicks it away into the crowd from kick off or some bs.

All sony have got is the hope that bluray wins, and that all its fanboys dont see all the systems shortfalls. The only killer game is MGS4, which halo 3 will counter act no problem.

Associate
Hi All

Well i am so disappointed atm. :( the pad is just lam stealing the wii's innovation and sticking it on a dual shock to pad ooh without the shock (no rumble)...

And the PS3 looks like a bigger PS2 with i duno a wavy top and playstation 3 in spiderman the movie font.

and £410 is just silly how much are the Blu-Ray games going to cost like £59.99?? because if so then :eek: no one will ever have more then 2 games...

i will get one in the end but i am going to wait for the full package to come down as i made that mistake getting a core which was changed for a prem within 2 weeks...

But for now I'm going with a white wii and 360 setup next the 40" HD LCD :D the ps3 will have to wait unless they do something drastic about the price and here was me thinking it was going to come out at a competitive price with the 360 £350 or around how wrong i was.

Thanks
XD-3

Soldato
Chris1712 said:
IMO microsoft have this generation wrapped up now. Sony have ripped out so many of the "OMFG !!!11ONE" features the fanboys were shouting about this time last year, upped the price and still havent made a decent controller. Plus they havent even showed us the ps3 online service yet, and we all know microsoft have it right on the money with xbox live.

If sony had redesigned a decent controller, its still the wrong shape, the analogue sticks are in the wrong place and the tilt sensor is of no/little use. Imagine playing fifa, you've just missed a penalty and you flail your controller in anger, and it kicks it away into the crowd from kick off or some bs.

All sony have got is the hope that bluray wins, and that all its fanboys dont see all the systems shortfalls. The only killer game is MGS4, which halo 3 will counter act no problem.

Only if Halo 3 isn't as dull as the first one. I agree with the other points though, the price is a bit of a let down, as is the controller :(

XPE

XPE

Soldato
Its ok for us to go OMG the ps3 is going to fail, because we have read up on it and can see that’s its an over priced rip off of the other 2 consoles.

But what a about the simple consumer, the one that’s has been buying the same fifa game but with updated rosters for year now, little Timmy who sees the ps3 adds and think omg I need to get that so I can get the big cheese on the play ground, and parents that just don’t know the difference (think the ones that buy 10 to 14 years olds GTA), these are the people sony is going to sell the ps3 to.

Because of this ignorance the ps3 will sell.

:mad:

Soldato
Everyone's going on about them stealing nintendo's tilt sensor. Tilt sensors in controllers is nothing new and nintendo's controller is much more than just a tilt sensor anyway. Loads of PC game pads had tilt sensors so they aren't stealing anything from nintendo. And as for the lack of rumble I couldn't care less. The only time you even notice the controller rumbling is when it's annoying you.

Soldato
The only think that I would want is Pro evo on PS3.. or MGS.

I reckon I could easily live with pro evo 6 on PS2 and then splinter cell(I'm guessing there'll be one) on Wii..

*imagines motion sensing for stealth*

Associate
Wonder if Sony are going down the Nitendo route and slipping behind the other players.

Is there a new GTA title coming out as that surely would help them boost sales, that and a new GT.

I know you get a BluRay DVD player with it but, if there are not that many games, nor BlueRay films out its not a big appeal. Here is a list of the upcoming BluRay release titles.20th June 2006:

50 First Dates
The Fifth Element
Hitch
House of Flying Daggers
A Knight's Tale
The Last Waltz
Resident Evil: Apocalypse
Underworld: Evolution
XXX

27th June 2006:

Ultraviolet

11th July 2006:

Basic Instinct 2

25th July 2006:

Kung Fu Hustle
Legends of the Fall
S.W.A.T.
Species
Stealth
The Terminator

That looks like a pretty crap release list for a new showcase format, harly puhing the visiual side of things are they.

Soldato
Excuse me if this has been covered, but:

If this new cheap(er) PS3 has no HDMI, then how the hell can you watch a blu-ray movie on it? Will you be able to buy the cable, or does the 20GB version of the PS3 not have the necessary hardware to output the HDMI signal?

If it's the latter, then that sounds rather silly to me.

XPE

XPE

Soldato
Psyk said:
Everyone's going on about them stealing nintendo's tilt sensor. Tilt sensors in controllers is nothing new and nintendo's controller is much more than just a tilt sensor anyway. Loads of PC game pads had tilt sensors so they aren't stealing anything from nintendo. And as for the lack of rumble I couldn't care less. The only time you even notice the controller rumbling is when it's annoying you.

Try telling that to Johnny no name, they will not be able to tell the difference between till sensor and motion sensor, unless you fully explain it to them and Nintendo have got there hands full trying to explain the name of the console to Johnny no name :(

Permabanned
XPE said:
Its ok for us to go OMG the ps3 is going to fail, because we have read up on it and can see that’s its an over priced rip off of the other 2 consoles.

Because of this ignorance the ps3 will sell.

:mad:

Why do you want the PS3 to fail? That isn't in anybody's interests except the Microsoft corporation and their shareholders.

Caporegime
REading more on this, it looks more than likely ill be getting the nintendo Wii...yes that name still makes me cringe lol:p. Should have left it at revolution really.

The ps3 just doesnt do anything for me and i dont think id get one just to sell on ebay. Thank god i went for the 360 instead of holding out for the ps3, it just doesnt make any economical sense...i feel sorry for the parents whose kids are going to be begging them to get one for xmas :p.

Woman of Honour
Man of Honour
Spawn said:
REading more on this, it looks more than likely ill be getting the nintendo Wii...yes that name still makes me cringe lol:p. Should have left it at revolution really.
Same idea as me :)
I'm probably going to get the Rev....Wii at launch if the price is right, and hopefully an X-box 360 in the near future.

Soldato
Haly said:
Same idea as me :)
I'm probably going to get the Rev....Wii at launch if the price is right, and hopefully an X-box 360 in the near future.

A girl having a Wii?

filfth...

Think I will be having a Wii too, assuming it will be around the £150 mark. I just about stretched to the £280 at launch for the 360, so doubt I will get a PS3 straight away.

Back
Top Bottom