1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS3 Interface Video (E3)

Discussion in 'Console Games & Hardware' started by Abooie, 11 Jul 2006.

1. Abooie

Mobster

2. DaveyD

Man of Honour

Vid has been posted before a couple of times I think, definately in the PS3 thread somewhere.

It's a nice interface, and I think it looks a lot sexier than the Xbox 360 interface does from the couple of shots I have seen, but I'd have to have a play around to get a feel of how good it actually is.

3. benjo plz.

Capodecina

Looks Good [​IMG]

4. Abooie

Mobster

Sorry bud. I do pay quite a lot of attention to the threads here and couldn't remember seeing it before.

It does look pretty sleek and not being as 'full' or 'graphical' as the 360s doesn't necessarily do it any harm.

5. jamie2497

Wise Guy

hmm i prefer the 360s, this is more or less the psp interface which looks kind of plain.

6. TechnoCorruption

Wise Guy

I prefer the look of the 360 dashboard personally but that multi-windowed internet section does look very impressive, im not sure if Microsoft would impliment it in the future as it could affect software sales.

You have to think with consoles doing what they are now, dvd/pictures/games, in 10-15 years the average gamer could probly do without a pc all together.

7. scoopex

Wise Guy

Looks rubbish tbh.

8. Raumarik

Capodecina

I like it but the controller still needs looked at, the 360s controller is just infinately more comfortable than the PS one these days.

I used to be such a Sony PS fanboy too :p

9. jamie2497

Wise Guy

Thats whats stopping me getting a PS3 at the moment, i could never get on with FPS etc with the PS2 controller but with the 360 its really easy. That and at the moment the PS3 doesnt look any better than the 360.

10. NokkonWud

Caporegime

I couldn't agree more, I tried using a PS2 controller again the other day and it just felt wrong. I used to think it was the best controller ever!

11. Kamakazie!

Wise Guy

At this rate, in 10-15 years the consles WILL be PC's.

12. da_mic_1530

Sgarrista

looks bland imo

13. skullman

Wise Guy

All they need is a keyboard and mouse :)

14. b0rn2sk8

Sgarrista

My first thought was that it looks exactly like the PSP one. Which i thought was rubbish. It does not use the avalable space very well and looks very plain

15. Energize

Caporegime

Looks very boring and makes very poor use of space, just gives the impression that they couldn't be bothered to put any effort into it and just copied the psps design. Theres a huge area of the screen doing nothing at all, and having icons so small compared to the screens size looks ridiculous.

16. NokkonWud

Caporegime

I don't mind the PSP's menu system, it's nice.
    The only thing that is really annoying is that the PS2 had THE worst DVD playback interface ever and this has the same thing which is a disgrace.