Status
Not open for further replies.
Man of Honour
Aspect said:
This thread is stupid!

Indeed, pc+1

Nismo said:
This thread is the stuff that playground fights are made of :p

(And checking the OP's age, thats exactly what might happen)

It's so far done quite well, stayed away from all the technical mumbo jumbo nobody understands, and has many valid points.

Soldato
DaveyD said:
It's so far done quite well, stayed away from all the technical mumbo jumbo nobody understands, and has many valid points.

Still, a bit daft seeing as one of the consoles isnt even close to being out, so you cant really form a valid opinion on which one you prefer.

Soldato
Nismo said:
This thread is the stuff that playground fights are made of :p

(And checking the OP's age, thats exactly what might happen)

Of course I'm sure that the OP being one of Spie's sons won't have any bearing on the future of this thread.

Man of Honour
One thing I'm intrigued with is the whole 7 controllers thing. It must be for that multi-HDMI thing, or have some pretty innovative multiplayer game where you have 7 people on screen doing something or other. And you've got to be pretty rich to have 7 bluetooth controllers too, that's 6 separate, at I'd guess £30+ a pop, £180 :o

Nismo said:
Still, a bit daft seeing as one of the consoles isnt even close to being out, so you cant really form a valid opinion on which one you prefer.

True, true. I'm still waiting for some definitave specs on the PS3, as I've got a feeling something is up / going to be wierd (dunno how to word it, but you may get my meaning, probably not).

Memphis said:
Of course I'm sure that the OP being one of Spie's sons won't have any bearing on the future of this thread.

Ah, that's where I know the name from! :p

XPE

XPE

Soldato
DaveyD said:
One thing I'm intrigued with is the whole 7 controllers thing. It must be for that multi-HDMI thing, or have some pretty innovative multiplayer game where you have 7 people on screen doing something or other. And you've got to be pretty rich to have 7 bluetooth controllers too, that's 6 separate, at I'd guess £30+ a pop, £180 :o

Are you suggesting that with the ps3 you will be able to have 2 screens one with 3 people on it and 4 on the other, wouldn’t that require some serious horse power to pull that off

Soldato
I guess the 7 controllers could work for games like Fifa 2007/2008/2009 etc. as they do with the 1-8 players on the current PS2 versions using 2 multitaps. How they came up with the 7 maximum is beyond me though.

Man of Honour
XPE said:
Are you suggesting that with the ps3 you will be able to have 2 screens one with 3 people on it and 4 on the other, wouldn’t that require some serious horse power to pull that off

Well that's what Sony have apparently said it will be able to do (the whole 2 HDTVs with the 2HDMI outputs.

I'd have thought it would need to halve the details so both would run as well, or have some special power splitting going on etc.

Phil99 said:
I guess the 7 controllers could work for games like Fifa 2007/2008/2009 etc. as they do with the 1-8 players on the current PS2 versions using 2 multitaps. How they came up with the 7 maximum is beyond me though.

I think it's a limit of the bluetooth technology, or something. I think it's a maximum of 7 bluetooth devices. So I'm sure you could just use a load more USB controllers to fill up numbers.

Soldato
That's because no games have been released for the PS3

Exactly, what's the point of comparing a console that's out to one that probably won't hit our shores for 9 months?

It's like asking people whether they prefer Halo 2 or Halo 3. Stupid, tbh. :p

Associate
Raider said:
It's simple! PS3 uses HDMI, which is digital, where as Xbox360 uses component output, which is analogue. And everyone know's the digital is faster than analogue. 1's and 0's are smaller so can travel much faster down a cable.

As a result the PS3 video output reaches the screen 34% faster than the Xbox360, hence the better framerates.

I really hope that was a convoluted sarcastic explanation, and if so I apologise.

If not... you realise the digital capabilities of the ps3 is only the way the signal is carried? It has nothing to do with the source hardware. It's like saying DVI monitors running from a DVI output on a graphics card run games at better framerates than VGA monitors running through a VGA output on a graphics card... even if the graphics card is identical. This is clearly wrong. Digital images are slightly crisper, because they don't go through a digital>anologue conversion process. This doesn't slow the framerate down though.

As for the initial question... I'll let u know in a year when the PS3 is released eh? But the chances are both will have there strengths and fanboys will argue and trade insults as with every other console generation ever.

Caporegime
Raider said:
I know for a FACT that the PS3 will be exactly 34% better.

Yes, but 96.43% of all statistical 'facts' are made up.

Purely on looks the Xbox360 is the easy winner. I'll tell you in 2 years time which is the better console on games.

Woman of Honour
Man of Honour
No idea which I'll prefer until I see a fair amount of the games available :)
Neither of them are going to be the 'best' though, it'll just be up to which the individual prefers out of the two.

I'm sure I'll end up owning them both at some point but couldn't say for how long or whether I'll think it was a worthwhile purchase ;)

~J~

~J~

Soldato
NokkonWud said:
Yes, but 96.43% of all statistical 'facts' are made up.

LOL! At least 48.6% of people get that figure wrong! It's actually 95.43%.

Anyway,

interesting article here about the features of the 360 that are well known and as yet, Sony haven't even attempted to beat.

http://www.firingsquad.com/games/xbox_360_positive_features/

There are a few things that may be able to better (the wireless controllers for example), but the Xbox360's biggest strength is Live, nothing comes close to it. There's also some technical jargon about H.23 and MPEG4 or something (goes over my head), so I'll leave it for the pro's to dissect.

Soldato
I know what one is better right now, the 360, purely because it is out and people can buy one (if they find it in stock...)
The PS3? We'll see what it can do when it is released, I am expecting to be hugely underwhelmed, just like I was at the PS2 launch, hopefully they pull something out the bag and release games that not only look good, but that are actually fun to play...

Soldato
bah i dont find many ps2 games fun tbh they are all the same game just sequels and given diff names lol so booooooooooring. And the slow down on some of the games as the console struggles is frustrating. I aint holding much hope for ps3 games, more GTA/FIFA/Gran tourismo/metal gear only so much i can take lol

revolutions the winner tbh :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom