PS4 turns itself off from rest mode

Associate
I have my ps4 set to turn off after 2 hours as I like to fall asleep with a movie on, however recently when I've gone to turn it on in the morning the PS4 is totally off. When I turn it back on, the system tells me that it wasn't turned off properly.

I'm a little concerned and wondering if there is something I can do to stop it from doing this?

Many thanks!

Caporegime
This won't help but just wanted to say mine does something similar, if I leave the PS4 in sleep for a few days the next time I turn it on I get the same response about it not being shut down properly. Feels like the PS4 suspend and resume functionality is a bit flakey.

Soldato
Mine has done this a few times but I didn't really think it was an issue. I just assumed it had finished downloading updates and turned off as there was no point staying in standby.

Soldato
I had a few issues with it turning itself on (I know the complete opposite) but I just removed the eject button, as you can eject discs via software, and just made sure that I dusted the shelf it is on regularly and it hasn't done it again since. Might be of help?

Back
Top Bottom