PSP Go out Friday! Anyone getting one?

Soldato
so your answer is 'no', you would not have one unless blah blah blah (the price was lower or it was free)

I really have no idea what your problem is or why you feel you can argue with... "blah blah blah"
Just shows you are either bone-ideal or just a troll.

Everyone will have their own reason behind why they are not buying the pspGO which is what the topic is about. Dyson has already said his reasoning why do you feel the need to attempt to mock it.

Either way for me the price is too high. You seem to be paying more for less. To be honest my PSP does just about everything the pspGO does plus more.

Soldato
I really have no idea what your problem is or why you feel you can argue with... "blah blah blah"
Just shows you are either bone-ideal or just a troll.

Everyone will have their own reason behind why they are not buying the pspGO which is what the topic is about. Dyson has already said his reasoning why do you feel the need to attempt to mock it.

Either way for me the price is too high. You seem to be paying more for less. To be honest my PSP does just about everything the pspGO does plus more.

What more can do you do (legally ie no CFW) on an old PSP that you cant on a go, apart from the UMD drive? I hear this being said but i cant ever find out what, i can see things on the go that the old PSP doesnt do but never the other way round.

Soldato
What more can do you do (legally ie no CFW) on an old PSP that you cant on a go, apart from the UMD drive? I hear this being said but i cant ever find out what, i can see things on the go that the old PSP doesnt do but never the other way round.

UMD is a major one cuz it means all them movies you have got and game you have got is worthless (if you own a psp already).

No second hand market, so no more poping into town and browsing the cheap section of games or bargin bin deals. This then entails that any games you do buy from PSN has no resell value what so ever.

There is no mini-USB. This means if you have or want the upgrade to Sat nav or GO camera you cannot do so. Also means if you lose your Cable to connect the pspGO to PC/ps3. You now have to fork out for a proper cable (most likely at a premium price) for a replacement. Unlike now I can just grab any old mini-usb to usb cable.

Theres lots for CFW. But I wont go into it here because its not allowed and you didnt want it included.

Soldato
Bigger screen, Mini usb connection, removable battery, second hand games, Micro SD support.

What does the go have? Bluetooth and some built in memory that's worth about £16. Anyone got any experience of the bluetooth? Can you tether?

There is no mini-USB. This means if you have or want the upgrade to Sat nav or GO camera you cannot do so.
There's an adaptor for that now: http://www.engadget.com/2009/09/24/psp-go-converter-gives-you-a-more-well-rounded-portable-with-sup/, but really it's just extra cost and who is actually going to use that.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Bigger screen, Mini usb connection, removable battery, second hand games, Micro SD support.

What does the go have? Bluetooth and some built in memory that's worth about £16. Anyone got any experience of the bluetooth? Can you tether?

Tethering was launched yesterday. I think it is part of firmware 6.1. While it is a nice addition (iPod Touch etc cannot tether), I cannot see the point in tethering a mobile phone to the PSP when most phones have a web browser on them these days, anyway.

rp2000

Soldato
Indeed bluetooth was a good idea when the PSP was first launched as the browser was much better than most if not all phones, however the only use now for the tethering would be gaming, I can't see a game of wipeout pulse going very well over 3G.

Associate
On terms of downloading games normal PSPs can still get the same selection from the PSN than what the Go gets right? Think I'll stick with my 3000, while the 16gig memory would be nice the UMD drive is more important for me.

Shame as I quite like how the go looks.

But as others said current owners arnt the target market. BTW has anyone seen any proper advertising for this? Seems a bit undermarketed in this country.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Apparently yes.
Yeah you can, I have mine connected to my W995 right now, just downloading some demos and such from the PSN Store - it works really well. It can read the modem settings from the phone, you select the data connection (i.e. vodafone wap or whatever) and then you are connected. You can also connect a PS3 pad and with a forthcoming cable connect to TVs too.

Soldato
Not at all, imo. It has it's place, and is the better choice for some. As I said earlier if the price was lower I'd have one. Sony are still selling the 3000, with no intention of getting rid of it.

Don't see why people are making such a fuss.

so your answer is 'no', you would not have one unless blah blah blah (the price was lower or it was free)

No, my answer is yes. Just the fact of budget stopping me. I can easily stump up £100/120, going upto £200 has put it out of contention as a whim purchase. If I see them going for something close to my budget I'll have one.

Soldato
In a well known games retailer in my lunch break today and it was rather interesting….

The PSPGO was erm going nowhere it seemed. A rather hastily written white board notice saying PSPGO now on sale, and even more shocking was the number of copies of Fifa 10 on the shelves…

Moving on, I was in fact looking for some cheap second hand PSP games, and a copy of either NHL 10 or Tiger Woods 10.

Got Wipeout Pure for less then £4 and Lego Star Wars for £10 on PSP and walked up to the checkout with a copy of Tiger Woods 10, they didn’t have NHL 10.

Thought, might as well ask and see if they have uncharted kicking around, and whilst I was waiting for the member of staff to come back with a copy of uncharted (which sadly they didn’t have) the number of PS3’s being sold was intresting - but might as well as about PSPGO.

First of the month, payday, seems PS3 slims were selling well. So when I finally got served again, thought I’d ask about PSPGO for this thread, and it appears they haven’t sold one, no pre-orders, and even more shocking – not one copy of PSP GT been sold yet…

But, I did ask how was PS3 now selling, and told me they can’t get enough of them in, and lots of questions about new bundles etc…. So, Sony might have got this one wrong…

Hmmm… A £250 hand held, or a £285 PS3 bundle with a potential 250GB HDD. Seems to me the consumer has spoken, this looks like it could bomb…

Still, least I walked out with some cheap PSP games, and a sports game to play tonight..

Sadly no uncharted though… lol

Associate
I saw the advert on TV last night - looks amazing playing GT...

Mine arrived today and is currently on charge. Cant believe the size.

I need to find a nice case for it now.

Associate
OP
I saw the advert on TV last night - looks amazing playing GT...

Mine arrived today and is currently on charge. Cant believe the size.

I need to find a nice case for it now.
I got an office one free with mine on the high street, black slip case with a thing for pulling it out of the case - fits perfectly and feels protected without adding too much bulk to it.

Associate
OP
Yeah it's official, is very shiny, but is actually leather. You can tell by the smell. I think we are the only 2 PSP Go owners in the UK ;)

Just got my download vouchers - GT, Daxter, Resistance and Syphone Filter - not bad for free. Got to be worth £70 minimum. Makes the cost more acceptable to me.

Associate
I was very close to getting one of these as I was out to get a wifi portable device with a good browser that wasn't a mobile phone. However, after looking into this the ipod touch became the obvious choice for that requirement. I might possibly get one of the go's when the price drops though.

Back
Top Bottom