1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

psu cables for new case??

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Badgersaurus, 16 May 2006.

1. Badgersaurus

Associate

Hi,

Im thinking of buying a nice black lian-li pc-v2000 so that i can easily fit my water cooling and other crap inside without the squeeze in my current no-brand fugly case - anyway I cut all the cables to length in my existing case (at least its not cluttered ;) ), but now i want a new case and obviously the lian li is completely different to standard layout pc case, ive not got a lot of dough at the mo, so i dont wanna buy a new psu when my existing one works fine its an antec neo power modular psu, just wondering if there are any replacement modular psu cables around for this model - if not i could just cut and paste some extension cable bits in but to be honest i dont wanna be that ghetto in a lian li pc v2000 :cool:

a heads up to whether such a thing exists would be sufficient (i know you cant name competitors here :) )

Thanks for any help you guys can give!

2. fornowagain

Sgarrista

Contact the manufacturer and ask if there are any longer cables?

Cut and paste? You can solder in extensions easily, but you do have to know what your doing!

3. Mikey1280

Wise Guy

As said above, you should be able to buy some new/longer ones from antec.

4. Badgersaurus

Associate

righto ill try get in touch with them, cutting and pasting wires is perfectly safe! so long as you know which wire connected to which wire cos some are annoyingly the same colour :D I hid all the electrical tape uglyness (no soldering for me!) by using wire wrap hehe its a fire hazard waiting to happen :eek:

Thanks for the advice guys

5. Day03

Gangster

Cheapest way is to solder some longer wires and then sleave them so noone will notice.

6. fornowagain

Sgarrista

With the current levels in these cables a twisted connection is going to corrode and get warm. Your not kidding, without soldering its one of the best ways of burning your house down.

FFS buy a soldering iron and some heat shrink. :( ;)