• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

PUBLIC FORUM DEAL - SAPPHIRE 6700 XT NITRO ONLY £529.99 with VOUCHER CODE!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
The monitor I have only does 60hz and the 5700xt did 'ok' at 1440p, but I really wanted to be closer to 60fps with decent graphics settings, I played state of decay 2, mw5, kingdom come, and will be playing cp2077. I did run this on my old system then ie an Intel 2700k, so having done a new build (after 9 years), I'm curious how the games will play, new cpu, new gpu. Btw I really like my monitor... 43" great colors decent input lag. FreeSync.
Was your 2700K overclocked?

Even for my Vega64, my old system with 2500K overclocked to 4.6GHz was bottlenecking it greatly on Monster Hunter Word and a few other games (until I updated to my new PC with 3700X), so I think quad-core CPU really just not cutting it anymore for even moderately demanding games that are released in the recent years (except may be for linear tunnel crawler without open world with lots of objects and structures to render). Got a feeling that you might not even gotten the chance of fully utilising the 5700XT before ditching it :p

Associate
Yeah the shipped email should mention that as well.

I've had it happen on a few of my orders recently.

Just double checked and the DPD email from yesterday evening says 30th March.

Not a big deal and I can easily wait another day. Just annoying to get the wrong info, though this is probably down to DPDs likely automated system.

Associate
Glad to see ocuk taking steps against bot users and trying to make it a fairer process at a good price. I'm still rocking a r9 290 and considering a new card at some point now that I've looked there doesn't seem to be any cards available. Even if I dont benefit I think this is a good step

Associate
Just double checked and the DPD email from yesterday evening says 30th March.

Not a big deal and I can easily wait another day. Just annoying to get the wrong info, though this is probably down to DPDs likely automated system.

Yea DPD probably does not take into account the other businesses working hours. But on OcUK email it says if its shipped after 7pm, then it does not get collected by DPD till the following day.

Associate
Was your 2700K overclocked?

Even for my Vega64, my old system with 2500K overclocked to 4.6GHz was bottlenecking it greatly on Monster Hunter Word and a few other games (until I updated to my new PC with 3700X), so I think quad-core CPU really just not cutting it anymore for even moderately demanding games that are released in the recent years (except may be for linear tunnel crawler without open world with lots of objects and structures to render). Got a feeling that you might not even gotten the chance of fully utilising the 5700XT before ditching it :p

Ya I think it was at 4.4 lower voltage. Ya I'm hoping the updated cpu will help me too. Ya I should have kept my 5700xt I havnt gamed for awhile. Gaming is good for the soul/mind

Soldato
Oh I could see a new forum earlier but can't now. Does that mean I don't qualify? I'm nowhere near MM post count.
Yes you do not qualify, its a taster of what you could have had but you can't.

The real answer is its a work in progress so no one should be able to see it yet. It will come with time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom