Punching Technique?

Soldato
wozzizname said:
of course you can also be nasty and use your fingers against the eyes at the same time.
or even nastier and stick your fingers in their nose as well as gouge their eyes. ;) There's a combo, where you knee them in the balls, then hit them on the chin as they start to double up :eek: (it's meant to knock them out).

Suspended
You can learn to punch harder, but you can't learn to punch hard.

Improving technique is definately possible, but you are either born with the ability to punch hard, or not.

Soldato
Lets look at this logically....

It doesnt matter how good you can punch and how great technique wise you can accomplish it. You only need to learn it if you need to defend yourself. And if your in a situation were you have to use a punch then im afraid you will need to bring more than what your hands can acheive to the party.

However, to acheive the maximum pound per inch punch you will have to use your legs.

Thats all Im wanting to give away as unless you want to use this for good intentions I see no use in giving this info away.

BTW some of the crap Ive read in this thread is laughable :D

Associate
georges said:
To be honest.. if someone's coming at me with a knife.. him dying is the least of my worries.

If memory serves me correct Police are taught to cover there neck with left hand and strike at the wrist of the knofe weilding attacker with the right hand. In reality a quick squirt with CS Spray is better - however for non police people it would surely be better to run, and live? I wouldnt bother with palm fisted nose strikes or any other elaborate strike - trained or otherwise.

Associate
georges said:
It's easy if you just want to make it hurt, not competitions or anything..

easy this one. I did a couple of self defence classes.. basically with your weaker arm, you deflect the punch, then with your strong hand(Right in my case) you do the palm push type thing..

eg:

Like that for hand positiion(Sorry about pic :p)
Just extend your wrist as fast as possible so the guys nose lands in the centre of your palm.
Has to be a forwards and up motion.
Apparently a broken nose discourages people :p

edit: this illustrates it better:

Regarding the above picture of the male and female (palm strikers), is it me or do there stances look wobbly for want of a better term, a quick sweep to there ankles and bye-bye balance.....

Soldato
gjc10212 said:
Regarding the above picture of the male and female (palm strikers), is it me or do there stances look wobbly for want of a better term, a quick sweep to there ankles and bye-bye balance.....

It looks like a video cap so I wouldnt put too much in the way they look...

Soldato
lolazz7ll.gif

Soldato
gjc10212 said:
I dunno, but the women has one dodgy looking right ankle. ;).

Back
Top Bottom