PUPPY

Soldato
I have had a Springer for 3½ years now, My 1st ever dog, bought him into the home when he was 7 weeks and introduced him to my 2 cats and ever since the 3 of them have been fine. They could NOT get on any better.

As for springers, always make sure they have plenty of water.
Check there ears and paws for grass seeds that do and get get in. Usually around £60 at the vets to hae removed, but it is common with them

Mine is so active, 2 - 3 walks a day and you never tire them out.

So loyal, friendly, soft and trusting. I have had no problems with mine touch wood. A fantastic loyal friendis my Bracken. Loves walks in the country.

Have fun
Couple of photos of him.

[img=http://img124.imageshack.us/img124/5193/20050911image0105ra4.th.jpg]
[img=http://img232.imageshack.us/img232/3573/20051122image0245ja4.th.jpg]
[img=http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/1740/01200018qz7.th.jpg]

Last edited:
Soldato
chimaera said:
Just out of interest from someone who's looking to get a dog in the next few years, are they ok living in above ground appartments? i've had a few people tell me its cruel to do it but i personally can't see the problem, it'll only be a little thing like a corgi.

You will probably find that tha local bylaws forbid keeping a dog where there is a communal entrance but if you have your own entrance you should be fine.
Don't leave the dog out on a balcony either, they tend to want to jump over the wall to see what's on the other side! :eek:

Soldato
wordy said:
I think what happens is you get in touch with them and people who work there come round to your house and assess the suitablity of your house and yourself. If they like what they see then they wil offer you a puppy or the let you take the one you want. I'm not sure if there is a cost involved for the rescue centre or not, but you may have to get the dog chipped and have it's jabs at the vets. I think the adoption process will be explain on the two links in my last post :)

Another note to add is that if you take one of the puppies from a rescue centre, they will make you agree to hand it back to them if you cannot look after it, for any reason at any point in the future. This stops people adopting puppies and selling them on.

Ah right. Tbh I ain't that busy at the moment, but when I start college again, will be. My garden is pretty big, I officialy intend the to keep a dog outside. But in the winter, keep it inside somewhere. I've got enough space for it to run around and such, got 2 massive lakes outside my house, a lot of dog walkers go there. The only thing is, I'm a Muslim, and it's pretty much forbidden to keep a dog inside the house. Religious politics so I won't go there.

Guess I'll wait a while, make some space and ring them up, and see what the outcomes are. Thanks for the link mate. :)

Associate
with regards to dogs..... anything thats small enough to carry around, a la paris hilton, is NOT a dog......

a dog should be big enough that it can knock over small children when it greets them

Associate
Jaap74 said:
with regards to dogs..... anything thats small enough to carry around, a la paris hilton, is NOT a dog......

a dog should be big enough that it can knock over small children when it greets them

funny and true, i dont like these hamster look a like things, if it cant run faster then me I don't want it :)

Back
Top Bottom