Purchased Enigma Essential and internal LED strip wasn't installed

Associate
I've purchased Built to Order PCs from OC in the past to great satisfaction.

This time however my build came without the LED light strip and on emailing customer support, I was told that the LEDs were not on the invoice (I didn't receive an invoice till the day before delivery)

None of the Built to Order machines in the PC Systems > Gaming PC section I've purchased previously had any options on the configuration page to select/deselect internal LED strips, and neither do any of them now. The PC even came installed with Aurora Sync

Given that the images of all the built to order gaming PCs show cases fitted with LED strips and no options in the configuration section to add/remove case lighting I found it quite insulting when customer support replied with :

"Sorry to hear that, the images on the website are for reference only unfortunately".

I understand Covid has caused disruptions but waiting 4 weeks for a PC that is missing something (albeit cosmetic) and then being told it was my fault speaks volumes about how OC treats it's customers

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Most websites have a disclaimer that Any picture usually is for illustration purposes only but i understand your frustration.

Lesson learned is to read the description and i dont see anything insulting in there response.

Associate
OP
>>Any picture usually is for illustration purposes only

Fully understand that, but then how does one add LEDs to the build when that option simply doesn't exist?

My previous two machines also didn't have LEDs as an option OR in the description, neither do any of the Gaming PCs currently on their website.

Going by the last few comments on reddit.com/r/OverclockersUK (before posting was shut down) it seems overall satisfaction with OC has dropped significantly.

PS. It's not a question of cost (I've just ordered phantek neon rgbs to install myself) it's the way they handled the issue and used the "images on the website are for reference only unfortunately" as a cover that I take issue with

Soldato
You have to really go with the parts description rather than the pics, looking at the pics show a gigabyte GPU yet there are only MSI / ASUS cards available to pick for the build etc.

Associate
OP
I appreciate the fact that these are likely stock photos but if any OC representatives are here, can they confirm that if the config page does not have a "Case Lighting" option then the builds come strictly without any LED lighting?

Out of the 15 PCs available on https://www.overclockers.co.uk/pc-systems/gaming-pc, only 2 of them have a "Case Lighting" option yet all photos would have you believe LEDs come as standard

It's also worth noting that looking at the reviews, it's evident that case LED lighting does indeed come with the builds that don't specifically have a "Case Lighting" option, including the Enigma that I purchased :

>I brought this to run driving simulation games such as Assetto Corsa and it does the job flawlessly. Its runs super smooth and quiet. Cannot fault it at all. Just remember to download the program to run the led's so you can change the colour of them if you like.

>Well worth the money, runs every game on high or ultra settings with no problems. I upgraded to 32 ggb memory. The interior is really neat with wiring hidden behind motherboard, LED strip illuminates the case and the glass side is actually a door which opens, his makes it very convenient and easy to open up the case to either clean or work on (not that working on this PC will be needed for a loooonnnggggg time). Very happy with purchase.

If the reviews themselves indicate the build comes with LED lighting and "Case lighting" is not an option, I cannot posibly fathom how anyone can expect me not to be annoyed when my build does not come with any lighting.

Soldato
Maybe they did originally come with lighting but it's sense been cut out to keep prices down as other components have gone up a lot recently.

Associate
OP
seems strange to not provide is as an option. As said up above would gladly have paid to have it as an extra.

Seems more clarity and consistency required.

Soldato
It's a fair point. Nothing saying "images for reference only" and no option to add or remove case lighting = the images showing case lighting should be removed.

Probably what's happened is as Joxeon suspects, but they should have changed the images at the same time.

Back
Top Bottom