Purchasing an MP3 advice

P-E

P-E

Associate
Decided to purchase an MP3 Player but undecided on which one :confused:

Don't need one with large storage as it will only have a little music on and used for when I am out walking.

The two I have been looking at are as follows;

Samsung YPU1X 512MB.

Creative Zen Nano Plus 1GB.

Anyone have any thoughts on either?

Soldato
In antisipation of whiners about iPod Nanos & scratching:
Nanos now have a slightly changed design. Which i belive is a new material for the face of the player. Meaning they dont scratch as easyily anymore. :)

My vote goes to either the 1Gb or 2Gb Nano.

:)

P-E

P-E

Associate
OP
Thanks for the replies.

Still not yet purchased one yet though :o

I think for my needs 512 will be plenty big enough but does need to be of good build.

Permabanned
Go for the ipod shuffle, 512mb

rechargeable battery, no nonense mp3 player, has the best sound quality too. Its very tiny, and you cant go wrong.

P-E

P-E

Associate
OP
Noni said:
Go for the ipod shuffle, 512mb

rechargeable battery, no nonense mp3 player, has the best sound quality too. Its very tiny, and you cant go wrong.

Could be just what I am looking for.......do thy only do them in white?

Vegeta........tempting ;)

Soldato
Creative Zen Nano 1gb is the best, I made this choice 3 months ago after plenty of research, its the smallest and functionally the best, doesnt look half bad neither, the earphones are a bit turd tho their massive! Sound quality isnt bad though.

P-E

P-E

Associate
OP
Well I went for the 2G Black Ipod nano.

I know I said it was prob overkill for my needs but I couldn't resist.

Anyway I bought a cover for it but as the screen and control are cut out I am worried it may get scratched/dirty..........you know what its like when you get something new.

Are these type of covers ok or anyone recommend me a better one.

Soldato
You should get yourself a Exim screen cover - its a small layer of plastic with sticky silicone on one side - it cover the front/back and wheel of the nano, only thing it doesnt cover is the middle button - its great but a bit tricky to put on take your time and dont drop it/touch the silicone side as it will get dirty and you will get bubbles between the plastic and ipod, also clean the ipod with a lint free cloth.

Associate
BoomAM said:
I'd argue against the Shuffle.
Theres no screen, so skipping through 100+ tracks would get very annoying.
Depends on your use. The Shuffle doesn't have that much capacity in the first place, meaning that you could fill it up with your absolute favorite tracks and listen to them... on shuffle (which it's name would suggest is designed for that purpose).

As Noni pointed out, the Shuffle has a good reputation (at least amongst those who do -not- automatically discard Apple products from their choices) for high SQ amongst portable MP3 players.

Still, I agree that if a screen is a pre-requisite, or high priority feature, then the Shuffle is not an option.

Back
Top Bottom