• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Pverclockinh P4 3ghz

SIB

SIB

Associate
I was determined to upgrade my P4 3ghz Northwood (800mhz with HT) PC but thought i would have a little play before getting rid of the kit.
I have decent quality Corsairs PC3200 ram that used to get the PC to around 3.3ghz on a 1:1 ratio (it was running arounf the 218ish mark). I decided to drop the ram to a 5/4 ratio and the PC has booted at 3450mhz at default volts !!

Bearing in mind i am doing this on air with a Coolermaster solid copper "Fujiyama" HSF, what would be a good clock for this CPU ? I'll try and push it to the limit but what do people thing i "should" get out of it ?

Also, is my PC really "running faster" @3.45ghz with the ram at 5/4 then it was at 3.3ghz with the ram at 1:1

Thanks for any help / advice

Back
Top Bottom