Pyronix Alarm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
I'm curious if anyone has any idea about this... it's a Pyronix Enforcer alarm system

I've recently moved into a house that's got a Pyronix alarm fitted by the builder, I was given the master/user code when I moved in which I promptly changed.

Last night the screen started showing a Wireless supervision fault on one of the motion sensors, this seems to point to an issue with the battery in most cases, so an easy fix. This fault prevents the alarm from being set.

My concern is there is a tamper spring on the sensor, so as soon as I replace the battery, it'll then be 'live' again and it'll detect it's being tampered with, trip the alarm and I don't have the engineer code to clear the tamper alarm..

Has anyone had a similar fault/experience with these alarms, and know if I'm correct in what I'm saying (i.e. it'll trip the alarm)?

Soldato
I don't know about that particular alarm system, but this is the case for the few I've seen:

Take the cover off the main unit - this will indeed trigger the tamper alarm. Put in the user code which will stop the alarm but not reset the system. You can then freely tamper with other stuff. Once you're finished, put everything back and enter the user code one more time to reset.

I can't promise this is the case for yours though!

Associate
OP
Does the tamper alarm tend to be the full sound of the alarm going off at full blast, or is it something a bit more discreet?

Soldato
It varies again. I think one of ours it was just the internal sounder for the first few seconds. Loud as hell for the person by the box mind - but not annoying the neighbours.

Soldato
If it's the master user code you should be able to reset a tamper. off the top of my head the master user code should reset a tamper on the enforcers.

unset alarm - open sensor - silence tamper - replace battery and cover - master code reset.

Associate
OP
If it's the master user code you should be able to reset a tamper. off the top of my head the master user code should reset a tamper on the enforcers.

unset alarm - open sensor - silence tamper - replace battery and cover - master code reset.

How sure are you? :p I don't want to set off the alarm if I can't then silence it! worst nightmare...

Associate
OP
9 times out of 10 that will work, unless the original installer has been an utter ****womble and set it up for engineer reset.

I'd assume they've not, the installer would have mass-installed these (they're installed in every new build in this development), but worst case scenario if they have and I've tripped the alarm what can I do?

Open it up, pull the mains then remove the battery in the controller? I'd assume loss of controller means the bell outside would be quiet too?

Associate
I'd assume they've not, the installer would have mass-installed these (they're installed in every new build in this development), but worst case scenario if they have and I've tripped the alarm what can I do?

Open it up, pull the mains then remove the battery in the controller? I'd assume loss of controller means the bell outside would be quiet too?

Bell will most likely sound for 15 minutes then cutout. I doubt it's setup for eng reset, but there are some unscrupulous installers out there.

Associate
OP
Thanks, does the controller have a cutout too or would I definitely have to pull it from mains + battery?

It's sounding like a lunch time job then back to work if it trips to avoid the deafening...

Associate
Thanks, does the controller have a cutout too or would I definitely have to pull it from mains + battery?

It's sounding like a lunch time job then back to work if it trips to avoid the deafening...

The panel will stay in tamper alarm until an code or fob is used to accept the activation.

And defiantly not an 9pm job. Do it during the day :)

Associate
OP
So pulling the mains + battery should get around that then to kill the controller?

If it comes to that then I'd just want to silence the alarm and call out someone to fix it, but I don't want to pay £100 call out charge if all they have to do is enter the user code and that's the issue resolved..

It would be stupid if you had to call out your installer every time you needed to replace a battery, I emailed the original installer asking if they hold the engineer code but I doubt I'll get anything back and it's not the default :|

Soldato
When I have taken the covers off the sensors I just use my key fob to stop the alarm. The control panel flashes a tamper issue and by entering my code it will show the tampered zone and then I get the option to clear it.

Soldato
Do you know if its possible to reset the engineer code or the unit overall?

You can, please don't tell me you've still not done this. it's like a 2 minute job.

Press D then stick in 1111, if it asks you to set the alarm it's still the default engineer code.

Associate
OP
You can, please don't tell me you've still not done this. it's like a 2 minute job.

Press D then stick in 1111, if it asks you to set the alarm it's still the default engineer code.

The installer has changed from the default engineer code (tried 1111 9999 1234 4321 etc) and won't supply this (as they likely mass use the code), but the issue is in order to add new sensors I need the engineer code, asking local installers one of them has stated it can't be reset and controller unit would need to be replaced (so quoting around £450), so just looking to confirm if that's the case (i.e. you can't factory reset it).

Soldato
The installer has changed from the default engineer code (tried 1111 9999 1234 4321 etc) and won't supply this (as they likely mass use the code), but the issue is in order to add new sensors I need the engineer code, asking local installers one of them has stated it can't be reset and controller unit would need to be replaced (so quoting around £450), so just looking to confirm if that's the case (i.e. you can't factory reset it).

I've sent you a trust, won't post it publicly for obvious reasons.

Associate
OP
Thanks a lot.

On another note, do you know if you can upgrade from the SMS module to the WiFi module? I queried another alarm/security company as the SMS module isn't supported anymore so doesn't send texts and they indicated you can't upgrade module (again the other company wanted to replace the whole unit with one with the WiFi module) but another said you can..

Soldato
Thanks a lot.

On another note, do you know if you can upgrade from the SMS module to the WiFi module? I queried another alarm/security company as the SMS module isn't supported anymore so doesn't send texts and they indicated you can't upgrade module (again the other company wanted to replace the whole unit with one with the WiFi module) but another said you can..

The wifi modules only compatible with V10 or home control 2.1s (homecontrols now obsolete) panels. If that's a feature you really want then I would upgrade to a new panel.

If the £450 includes the new V10 panel,reprogramming it all, warranty on the panel and VAT then it's a fair price. If it's £450 for labour only then that's high.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom