• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Q&A SESSION WITH JAMES PRIOR FROM AMD / OcUK STREAMED TOMORROW, ASK QUESTIONS!

Soldato
AMD and Intel are buddying up to make a laptop.

Specifically an AMD gpu glued next to an Intel cpu in an expensive product.

Is this a one off or a longer term arrangement?

Why didn't you go all-AMD with it?

Soldato
Congratulations on becoming a 3rd degree black belt in Tae Kwon Do. I'm a keen student myself but at 38 (and a bit overweight) I'm a late starter. I'm going for my green belt grading next week and am nervous in case the Grand Master asks me to show him press ups on my (two) knuckles again, do you have any tips for mastering these or making my knuckles a bit tougher?!

Permabanned
Will the Raven Ridge APUs have Dual graphics options? Or has that idea been scrapped?

Willl we see Freesync TVs anytime soon?

These are good ones.

How much longevity are we likely to expect out of the AM4/TR4 (Ryzen/Threadripper) platform.?

Zen refresh on 12nm I believe wont have a change but moving down to 10/7nm are we likely to have a new socket and additional cost or can we expect to see a 4+ year socket like the AM3 (FX ) product line offered.

As is this.

Soldato
Can you please ask James @ AMD if they can create something to help Threadripper Windows 7 x64 installations as its pretty much hit or miss depending on what Motherboard you chose if you can even get it working without the pci.sys BSOD before or during setup due to outdated Intel wifi drivers! Even slipstreaming a Win 7 image does not help if your mobo does not allow you to disable the Intel Bluetooth & Wifi adapter in the bios menu! Perhaps AMD could do something about this or create a downloadable solution for those of us who prefer Win 7 to Win 10!

Thanks

Since they're not supported on windows 7, I doubt that they'd help to get it to work.

Caporegime
Are we going to have R290 performance for £250 for the next 5 years?

Are AMD determined to ditch their value for money "budget" reputation chasing the higher-margin market segments?

What about those of us who sung your praises for cards like the 7850... the mid-range has really stagnated and we're a bit fed up of that.

Soldato
Are we going to have R290 performance for £250 for the next 5 years?

Are AMD determined to ditch their value for money "budget" reputation chasing the higher-margin market segments?

What about those of us who sung your praises for cards like the 7850... the mid-range has really stagnated and we're a bit fed up of that.

The RX 480 was a good middle tier offering. It was 290X ish performance just as the 7850 was 6950 ish performance.

Previous high end pefrormance but better power consumption and value. I don't see why you'd expect any different.

Associate
Yeah, who cares about the tech, let's ask about a throwaway frame in some marketing nonsense from a bloke who doesn't work there any more. You may as well ask him if he'd rather fight 50 duck sized horses or one horse sized duck.

Back
Top Bottom