1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Q-fan control

Discussion in 'Motherboards' started by Sul, 14 Jan 2006.

1. Sul

Gangster

Hey,

Do you guys recommend enabling this? It gave me a shock when my CPU fan stopped, but realised it was this thing controlling the fan since my CPU temp was < 35 and came back on when it got to more than that and it auto adjusts rpm. I'm not sure if I should leave this enabled or not, what do you think?

2. twiceborn

Gangster

It should be safe, if that's what you mean. For myself, I can't stand the variation in sound level you get (fan constantly spinning up and down - one of the most annoying things about laptops imo! Not what I want in a desktop).

3. Sul

Gangster

hmm I haven't noticed it in terms of sound level.. probably because I'm just so used to it with having been a laptop user for 6 years.

4. ajgoodfellow

Capodecina

I'd leave it on

I ran my PC with it on for about a year (before I upgraded to the EVO 120 over the stock cooler which has its own controller).

It was a good idea as it kept the PC quiet. It's different to Cool & Quiet (where the processor slows down). In windows your chip doesn't generate as much heat so it's nice to have a quiet PC. In games your chip generates far more heat but then you have the noise from the game so its not so distracting