• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Quad SLi - Who's gonna go for it?

Soldato
wont these cards be cpu limited.
I know my card is, and I bought all this junk of a comp before I new anything about computers, now I no a bit more and wish I went amd :o
Getting 80-100 fps in css at 1280x1024 is cpu limitation in my eyes

Soldato
With the greatest of respect "on your bike" :) ;)

3K for something that will be top spec for about 3 months (and thats not even a full system), I can think of a million better things to do with 3K to be honest.

HEADRAT

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Yes, you would be cpu limited in most cases, although perhaps not FEAR at 2048x1536 with AA/AF on max. That game is hideously GPU limited as can be witnessed by the huge gains from running GTX-512s in SLI.

Soldato
Gibbo said:
Hi there

Go onto the OcUK website, motherboards, Intel and into the Gigabyte section. Make sure you press refresh and you will see a very nice Quad SLi socket 775 board there. Now's who is gonna be the first to have a play with that then. ;)

Me thinks of an Intel 955 Extreme Processor overclocked to 4GHz+ with 4 x Overclocked 512MB BFG 7800 GTX would be rather quick. ;)

How about you try it out :D Build a rig around 4x 512MB GTX's as a 'display' model at the shop ;)

What setup do you have at home anyways Gibbo, if you dont mind me asking?

Soldato
:p :D

Would'nt suprise me, but I just cant believe it tbh. Needs something better to play his games on his 24" LCD :D If he aint got a 15" CRT with his 750MHz Duron setup, that is lol.

Who knows, but it would be good to find out...

Back
Top Bottom