Quake 4

Caporegime
NutritioN said:
I don't use xfire, so which server will you lot be on? Give me a few player names.
Im p01yn0mi41 - just gonna do a quick reboot and join in 5mins - Ill try and find a decent normal empty CTF server and post the details on here...

Unless someone knows of a good server already? I only use the in game browser...

P.S. I know youre scared DaveyD :p

ps3ud0 :cool:

Caporegime
ps3ud0 said:
Personally I prefer CTF - depends how many we get in - will be somewhere in 5mins...

How does 195.238.1.24:27661 grab you? Im pinging in mid 30s...

PBed CTF Server - tho unsure if voteable...

Search under p01yn0mi41 - Im all alone :p

EDIT: Welcome Rebel :D

Last edited:
Associate
Was good but we need more OCUK ppl, i didnt have a clue what i was doing but ps3ud0 seemed to was whooping everyone, time it took me to find a good gun the map was over, maybe id be better at deathmatch :cool:

Caporegime
Rebel=UK= said:
Was good but we need more OCUK ppl, i didnt have a clue what i was doing but ps3ud0 seemed to was whooping everyone, time it took me to find a good gun the map was over, maybe id be better at deathmatch :cool:
lol considering all the other ppl were noobs and stopped to shoot I had a good chance to hit something :)

It was lucky quite a few ppl joined in though - was mad playing 6v6 on some of those smaller CTF maps...

Im sure there will be a next time - though Rebel now you know the maps so no excuses :). Im afraid I have no idea about the DM maps - just find it too much of just shoot - get armour - shoot - get health - shoot and repeat...

Caporegime
DaveyD said:
Okay then, I've reformatted, reinstalled.

Who's up for some Quake 4 action on a lonely Friday night? :D
Ill see what Im upto tonight - probably be the same time if Im not out...

Hopefully more ppl make it for some decent CTF ;)

Man of Honour
warren_1979 said:
Hi All. Whats better, Doom 3 or Quake 4, as I'm thinking of getting one cheap.

Quake 4 personally, Doom 3 is a lot more, slow, dark, scary, with more of the fancy shadow and lighting going on, Quake 4 is a lot more action based, with a lot more open fighting.

They're both good games, but Doom 3 is lacking in a few things to make it good enough to stand up to Quake 4 in my opinion.

Caporegime
DaveyD said:
Quake 4 personally, Doom 3 is a lot more, slow, dark, scary, with more of the fancy shadow and lighting going on, Quake 4 is a lot more action based, with a lot more open fighting.

They're both good games, but Doom 3 is lacking in a few things to make it good enough to stand up to Quake 4 in my opinion.
Agreed

Doom 3 = Glorified Tech Demo
Quake 4 = Doom 3 + Decent story for id + classic MP play...

Soldato
doom 3 is boringly scary.. I gave up playing it because i KNEW there was something hiding in those shadows, i KNEW it was going to make me just and that was all too predictable and slow paced.

I like the knee deep in strogg aspect of SP quake4, its just a proper stand up fight most of the time and the squad members along for the ride make it loads better too.

I fear I'm near the end now :( data processing tower... its all getting a bit harder too :)

Soldato
matt100 said:
I fear I'm near the end now :( data processing tower... its all getting a bit harder too :)
The rocket powered fat blimp can be ownd with the dark anti-mater gun, I gave up at the "arena", there are just too many spawns and my guns are too ineffective, either that or I just plain suck. In multiplayer I usually get about halfway up the leaderboard.

I dont like using the scroll wheel for weapon select since the only weak point of my logitech g5 is that the clicks on the turn dont correspond to the input. The input happens halfway between clicks so making it very inaccurate, and prone to change weapon right back after u found the right one. With 9 weapons I cant easily access the keyboard numbers with one hand.

Back
Top Bottom