US: Queen of the South

A2Z

A2Z

Soldato
Surprised there is no topic for this show.

It's on Netflix and just finished the first season... all I can say is WOWWWWW.

I've been gripped from the first ep, it's actually amazing. GTA style to it with jobs to do drop offs pick ups raids, mixed in with Mexican Narco themes and a female badass BOSS.

Hoping seasons 2-4 will keep up the entertainment factor can't wait to watch the rest!

Caporegime
Started with the wife after seeing this thread. It's OK so far - we're invested to watch all of season 1 but we thought it had a few issues including an overly dramatic score, some scenes are shot weirdly (when Teresa and Brenda are on the run in the car) and the script/character choices.

You're right about the GTA style though :D.

Soldato
Surprised there is no topic for this show.

It's on Netflix and just finished the first season... all I can say is WOWWWWW.

I've been gripped from the first ep, it's actually amazing. GTA style to it with jobs to do drop offs pick ups raids, mixed in with Mexican Narco themes and a female badass BOSS.

Hoping seasons 2-4 will keep up the entertainment factor can't wait to watch the rest!
Thanks for this. It was on my list but hadnt got round to watching it until you reminded me. Near the end of series 2 now.

Soldato
The funny thing is Im quite new to Netflix and was watching this show and wondering why a lot of it was in spanish with no subtitles and just thought it was to add suspense and it was fairly obvious what was being said by implication.

Then there was a bit in what I thought was english I just couldnt quite make out so I put on the subtitles only to find out the bit was half english and half mexican. Then to my surprise I realised I was starting to get subtitles in english for the mexican aswell.

I couldnt be bothered to start from the begining again.

Associate
The funny thing is Im quite new to Netflix and was watching this show and wondering why a lot of it was in spanish with no subtitles and just thought it was to add suspense and it was fairly obvious what was being said by implication.

Then there was a bit in what I thought was english I just couldnt quite make out so I put on the subtitles only to find out the bit was half english and half mexican. Then to my surprise I realised I was starting to get subtitles in english for the mexican aswell.

I couldnt be bothered to start from the begining again.

IIRC there are 2 different series of this, it was initially a mexican show then the Americans remade it. So you may not be watching the right one.

Soldato
Is it on Netflix now? There are 4 seasons of this. The Mexican original is the typical Spanish language soap opera that the middle aged women love. The US show IMO is way better. Wow, never thought I'd ever say that.

It has lots of filler episodes and a few character flaws, but the overall story and the way it plays out is worth a watch. Not for your main primetime entertainment, but perhaps something to warm you before a real quality show.

Caporegime
its a really good series just finished all the series on netflix currently 4 seasons. does get better as you progress. gutted now got to wait for season 5.

Back
Top Bottom