Query - YouTube Intro Videos

Soldato
Hi all,

Apologies if this is the wrong sub but is this the right place to ask about help with YouTube Intro/outro videos?

Helping my lad with a YouTube channel and a lot of people have told me a good intro video will help. I've mocked something up for now but it's barely passable and looking for something better.

I have no idea of where to look, if it costs etc etc so hoping for some help if this is the right place.

Cheers :)

Soldato
I think it would help if you gave a more detailed description of the type of intro/outro video you are looking for, e.g. are you looking for something graphics based? Do you want music?

Soldato
OP
So he produces videos of him playing Fortnite and Roblox. He has his name and an avatar for it all so ideally what I think would work is something graphics based using his name and avatar and backed with some upbeat music.

His content is ok, he's just learning so there's load of room to improve but I'm thinking a decent intro may make people at least watch beyond the first 15 seconds and give him a chance.

Soldato
Is this an intro video to put on every video he uploads? One thing for success on YouTube is to choose a good and enticing still frame for when people are searching for videos, with some sort of sensationalism in text, to pique people's interest and get them watching. I would say this is more important. A good example of this is the Ivan On Tech cryptocurrency channel.

Also, what you see a lot of people do, is edit their video so that the most exciting bit of action is given as the first 10s or so of the video, to get people interested.

Putting a graphic based intro video does not convey excitement, personally I find them a bit annoying and try to skip past them. Therefore, I would say learning to get still frame right, with enticement text, is more important, and then edit the video for first bit of excitement first.

That said, you could get what you want at many of the freelancer sites, i.e.

PeoplePerHour
Fiverr
Freelancer.com

Good luck.

Soldato
His content is ok, he's just learning so there's load of room to improve but I'm thinking a decent intro may make people at least watch beyond the first 15 seconds and give him a chance.
If it's just a pure gameplay video, don't put the intro right at the start. It's an instant turn off for most people. Have a 15-30s highlight clip or funny moment to entice people in and get them interested in the content, then have your intro.

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
If I follow any channel and see they have an intro (particularly long ones) I skip to 30 secs in as you get so tuned in to watching content you get fed up with repetitive formats. I am not offended by it, its just say im on a 10 minute work break those 15 seconds of intro and the 1 min of obligatory sponsor promoting further in adds up as wasted time for my puny concentration levels these days.

For example search for GreatScott! who makes electronics content. He is very good but the intro music is about 10 seconds soldering a sign.. (and cheesy music)

Soldato
Youtube is titles, thumbnail and video. In that order.

Adding an intro is not going to do much, your much better off spending the time to come up with a better title for the algo to catch. 'Top 10 skillshots' or '1337 tips' don't cut it anymore.

Back
Top Bottom