Quest 2 accessories - recommendations, reviews etc

Soldato
The MVH Studio Queue still hasn't moved. I might just go looking for a Vive Deluxe audio strap and get the printed 3D adapters for the Quest 2. Because at this rate I won't be getting an MVH head strap until March next year.

Associate
Finally arrived...my VRCover facial interface was delivered today after 2 weeks from ordering.....very nice though a lot comfier than the original....here's a couple of pics of my Q2
I'm not spending any more cash it it's pretty much fully pimped now.
dropbox.com/s/g27byzhio7596pv/thumbnail%20%281%29.jpg?dl=0
dropbox.com/s/0uq003i0zv1cscz/thumbnail%20%282%29.jpg?dl=0

Soldato
Well my VR cover tracking shows the parcel as still being in Germany but lo and behold it arrived this afternoon!
Will give my thoughts on it later after work when I get a chance to use it but I'm sure it will be an improvement.

It must be later after work by now??? Where are your thoughts and impressions???

Associate
It must be later after work by now??? Where are your thoughts and impressions???

My sincere apologies for my lack of punctuality Mr Melmac sir! :p

Initial impressions is that it is great! It has the same level of comfort afforded to it as the VR cover I used on the CV1.
It's a great relief to not have that scratchy feeling foam on my face anymore which is now replaced by a soft cushioned pad.
I've gone with the thicker variant as you get two pad thicknesses included but I've not tried the slimmer one yet which may give a slight increase in FOV but I'm happy with the thicker one for the moment.
So bottom line no regrets in my purchase and I'm super happy with the Q2 fit now along with the elite strap which is (touch wood) still going strong.

How's that? :D

Underboss
im desperate for my strap to arrive

because i have a really high prescription, when the Quest moves down slightly my vision goes blurry, so gives my headaches

Quest 1 strap is much much better
im regretting my Quest 2 purchase at the moment

i hope strap + VR facial interface sorts this out

oh and ill be ordering prescription lenses (hopefully) tomorrow

Soldato
Should have my VR cover tomorrow as it's actually at Manchester DO :eek: Pity I won't be in and I'll just get carded and have to wait until Thursday :(

€7 shipping my bum :mad:

Last edited:
Soldato
My sincere apologies for my lack of punctuality Mr Melmac sir! :p

Initial impressions is that it is great! It has the same level of comfort afforded to it as the VR cover I used on the CV1.
It's a great relief to not have that scratchy feeling foam on my face anymore which is now replaced by a soft cushioned pad.
I've gone with the thicker variant as you get two pad thicknesses included but I've not tried the slimmer one yet which may give a slight increase in FOV but I'm happy with the thicker one for the moment.
So bottom line no regrets in my purchase and I'm super happy with the Q2 fit now along with the elite strap which is (touch wood) still going strong.

How's that? :D

haha, that's great Mr. Steddy :)

And you seem happy with the VR Covers, so I can't wait for mine to arrive.

I plan to use the thicker comfort Facial interface as well. Comfort is my biggest issue with the Quest 2 at present. The slight difference in FOV isn't worth the trade off for the big difference in comfort.

Good to hear your Elite Strap is still going strong. I am sorry I didn't get one when I had the chance. How easy it it to switch back and forth between the Elite Strap and the Basic strap?

Did you manage to get a 3080 yet???

Associate
Good to hear your Elite Strap is still going strong. I am sorry I didn't get one when I had the chance. How easy it it to switch back and forth between the Elite Strap and the Basic strap?

Not that I've used the stock strap since I put on the Elite strap but it's very easy mate. It's just a case of snapping the old one off and putting the new one on, it takes less than a couple of minutes.

Did you manage to get a 3080 yet???

NOPE :mad:

I'm only interested in the Founders Edition and it hasn't dropped again since the last time I managed to get one in the basket nearly two weeks ago now! I really wanted it in time for Cyberpunk 2077 and Medal of Honor VR but I'm going to have to struggle on with my 1070 :(

Soldato
NOPE :mad:

I'm only interested in the Founders Edition and it hasn't dropped again since the last time I managed to get one in the basket nearly two weeks ago now! I really wanted it in time for Cyberpunk 2077 and Medal of Honor VR but I'm going to have to struggle on with my 1070 :(

I have given up :) Going to wait until the Refreshes, the 3080 Super or whatever the 6800XT refresh is. But, I am little bit better off than you, I have a 2070 Super so It's not going to be too bad playing new games.

Soldato
Mine is still in limbo in Manchester DO been like that for a couple of days now. Getting pretty ****** off now as had Ali stuff delivered in less time where I chose the slowest free shipping not this 7 euro con off VRC :mad:

EDIT: got home to two RM cards stuffed through the letterbox. I assume one is the VR Cover and the other a Quertee order.

Last edited:
Underboss
received 2 emails today
1) Alli Express, saying it is now in the UK

2) VR Covers replied to my email and said this :

Hey xxxx,

Thanks for your message and apologies your tracking hasn't updated in your confirmation email.
xxxxxxxxxxxxx

For this service, Deutsche Post does not provide real-time updates and there may not be new information for a few days. It is taking longer to log in the details because of delays at each checkpoint where they scan in the package. Sometimes, they deliver the shipments to the destination country and update the tracking at same time and unfortunately, this is out of our control.

Royal Mail will manage the final delivery, so you can check their website with the same ID for the ETA after the package has been handed to them.

While the usual shipping time is around 6 - 8 working days, the delivery window is extended due to the holiday season and Covid-related delays, so we ask for your patience as the package makes its way to you.

I hope this is helpful. Please let me know if you have any questions. :)

Best regards,
Jade

Please note we are receiving a high volume of queries and are doing our best to get back to everyone asap. If you respond directly to this email, we will do our best to reply within 48-72 hours.

Back
Top Bottom