Quest 2 accessories - recommendations, reviews etc

Caporegime
My GOMRVR Halo strap just arrived

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/100...earchweb0_0,searchweb201602_,searchweb201603_

My first ever Halo, so I am still trying to figure out how to adjust it perfectly, but it seems sturdy enough, and not have the facial interface clamped to my cheeks is indeed more comfortable.

I will test it out properly over the next few days, but so far so good, especially for half the price of the Elite Strap.

Soldato
OP

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/100...earchweb0_0,searchweb201602_,searchweb201603_

My first ever Halo, so I am still trying to figure out how to adjust it perfectly, but it seems sturdy enough, and not have the facial interface clamped to my cheeks is indeed more comfortable.

I will test it out properly over the next few days, but so far so good, especially for half the price of the Elite Strap.

Write up a review here and I'll link it in the first post.

Soldato

Let us know how it goes. How long did it take for you to get it? 35 day delivery time to me according to the website.

Soldato

A fairly thorough video on this strap. The vid is a bit clunky, and English is not his first language, but it shows the fitting and how the strap and adjustments work.

Caporegime
Yep, after a few hours of Hello Puppets, Audica and Beat Saber, both the wife and I agree that it is way more comfortable without the cheek/brow pressure.

There is a little bit of sway if you move your head really fast, but not a problem for me personally.

Soldato
Went to get the Oculus Quick Fit Kit today, none in stock, have to wait a week.

So came home checked to see if I had update V23 yet. Nope still not there.

Then I decided to check VR covers to see if they had their Quest 2 covers ready, another product not ready.

A few hours passed, said to myself,"Ravenger got his update, surely mine is there now" So checked again and still nope.

Decided to cheer myself up and see how my MVH studio head strap order was coming along. I have been very Patient and haven't checked it at all since I joined the list 9 days ago.

Was at position #55 when I entered the Queue.

This evening, 9 days later, logged in checked position # and.....

Still at position #55.

Oh well.

Soldato
OP
Lol. A day of patience then Melmac :D. I've not got the update either. Ah well. It'll come.

I need to add some of you guys as friends. Username is rugbyraggs so don't get confused if you see it.

Soldato
Lol. A day of patience then Melmac :D. I've not got the update either. Ah well. It'll come.

I need to add some of you guys as friends. Username is rugbyraggs so don't get confused if you see it.

All my patience used up in one day!! :p:D

Yeah, It will come just fed up waiting.

I think I added you as a friend. Melmac12 is my profile ID.

Cob

Cob

Soldato
Just ordered one of these from OcUK to replace my CV1. Went for the 64gb version as I’ll only be using it for iRacing. Ordered the Fasgear cable from Amazon too.

Also joined the waiting list at MVH Studio too. Number 223 :( But I did buy a G29 F1 wheel from him during lockdown so I know that he gets through his waiting-lists as quickly as he can.

Underboss
i cant use my quest for very long
so much pressure on my forehead, only 10 mins of play and i got to take it off ! :(

even though im in the waiting list for the MVH strap

anything i should do whilst im waiting ?
elite strap ?
Halo strap ?
some other strap for Amz ?

what about different face plates ? and fitments?

i might get prescription lenses too

Back
Top Bottom