Quest 2 accessories - recommendations, reviews etc

Soldato
i cant use my quest for very long
so much pressure on my forehead, only 10 mins of play and i got to take it off ! :(

even though im in the waiting list for the MVH strap

anything i should do whilst im waiting ?
elite strap ?
Halo strap ?
some other strap for Amz ?

what about different face plates ? and fitments?

i might get prescription lenses too

This was me at the start too. Couldn't play for any amount of time because of the pain in my forehead.

But, if you play around with it you can get into a good position. The top strap should be carrying the weight. Don't make the mistake of over tightening the side straps.

Underboss
got it to the best i can, prefer the Quest 1 strap for definite

the Q2 strap doesn't go under the ridge at the back of your head, which slips as a result
halo strap is better

i think i might get that one from Aliexpress

Soldato
may as well get prescription lenses at those prices, and take away the space saver and remove my glasses :)

You can also get 3D printed lens protectors which clip onto the lenses like prescription lenses do. Essentially lens mounts without the lenses. However I would think that even plastic lens protectors could rub against your glasses and scratch lens coatings.

Underboss
need a case for my Quest 2

Quest 1 , wasn't such a problem , used the main box, but this one is more evolved

will the official one work if you have grips on the controllers ?

i might get the LowePro one i saw for the Quest 1 in a review if its ok for Q2..

Soldato
lol i didn't think of my glasses getting scratched, just the Quest lenses ! :D

Yeah it works both ways! I've seen reports of users having their glasses scratched as well as their VR headset lenses. It's just best to buy prescription lenses, especially if you're the only person using it.

Soldato
yep just me. so i can set it up properly :)

since I've had it, I've stopped playing ordinary games, i just use VR now
so i best set it up best i can :)

I've had periods where I've gone off VR for a bit, but always gone back and played more.

The biggest issue is a dearth of really meaty games (If you've had VR for a long time you'll have played most of the best games). My most played VR game is Skyrim (I have a really heavily modded version that's is so improved it might almost be a new game), and I've played over 200 hours in that, and I'm still going. Elite Dangerous is next, with over 150 hours played.

Soldato
Id also recommend the Koss KCS75 headphones. Massive upgrade from the stock headphones. The lead is 4ft long so ive cut it short and soldered on a new jack plug.
The headphones also slip over the elite strap when not in use.

Back
Top Bottom