Quest 2 accessories - recommendations, reviews etc

Associate
Got the email from VRCover re Facial Interface replacements and went with the Winter Edition. These seem to get really positive views on other headsets so hopefully the same here

Soldato
I am still at queue position #55 for the MVH Head strap.

Had some VR covers for my Rift Civ1 and yeah, they are really good.

Associate
i wear glasses, says you cant use the spacer
hmm

So do I.... doh!!! I just ordered without reading anything, idiot!

Edit: I see it just recommends using the Comfort foam if you need more space... I think it should be ok, I only wear the spacer to be safe, feel like my glasses have a few mm without the spacer anyway!

Soldato
So do I.... doh!!! I just ordered without reading anything, idiot!

Edit: I see it just recommends using the Comfort foam if you need more space... I think it should be ok, I only wear the spacer to be safe, feel like my glasses have a few mm without the spacer anyway!

Yeah the comfort foam is generally like using the glasses spacer. People use thinner foam to get their eyes closer to the lenses and get more FOV. I have the comfort foam on my original Quest and it's very comfortable.

Associate
Yeah the comfort foam is generally like using the glasses spacer. People use thinner foam to get their eyes closer to the lenses and get more FOV. I have the comfort foam on my original Quest and it's very comfortable.

Good to know! Aside from the Elite Strap this was the one thing I really wanted to get for it.

Soldato
Would be great if someone could design 3D printed adaptors for lenses from somewhere like Glasses Direct or Specky Four Eyes. They regularly sell glasses for peanuts.

I know of a similar solution using lenses from an online optician in the US. It costs around $30 (or less if you have a 3D printer) to buy the glasses, remove the lenses and get them mounted. Problem is, international shipping adds about $15. And then there's the potential for import taxes. So it isn't really a feasible solution for over here.

I really resent the pricing on VR lenses. They're just an ordinary pair of glasses lenses in a small plastic fitting ring. Nothing special about them. No way should they be £60 or £70 for a moderate prescription.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom