1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Quest 2 accessories - recommendations, reviews etc

Discussion in 'Virtual Reality' started by Unseul, 28 Oct 2020.

1. melmac

Sgarrista

Hey Rock,

I hear you!! A person just up the road from my house is selling a 3070. I could just walk up there, buy it and have it up and running in my PC in less than an hour. It's taking all my will power not to do that and wait for a 3080/6800XT. :)

Don't think you will need a PSU. If I was you I would try it first before buying. My PSU is only a 650 Watt one and I plan to use it for the 3080. And, because the 3080 cards are all pushed to their limits, no real overclocking headroom, you can undervolt the cards which will reduce power consumption and could also give you extra performance.

2. RockSteddy

Gangster

It is really tough isn't it but I bet you would kick yourself if you didn't wait for the 3080/6800XT!

Yeah good advice, especially on the undervolting as I didn't think of that! :)
    I will try it with my current PSU first and see how I go but I will be upgrading the whole system at some point next year as I'm sorely overdue a MB/CPU upgrade so will get a new PSU then as well.

3. RockSteddy

Gangster

Same here, the foam on my Quest 2 was not in a pleasant state after my last Beat Saber session. I'm very unfit! :D

Last edited: 25 Nov 2020
  4. Ravenger

Mobster

Try Thrill of the Fight. Mega exhausting.

BTW, I recommend using a thin beanie, bandana or some form of head covering while playing vigorous games to soak up the sweat and keep it off the headset. I use a thin spandex running cap.

5. RockSteddy

Gangster

I have and nearly had a heart attack! :D

Good call on the headband idea, I was actually looking in to getting something like that although the VR cover should mitigate the issue somewhat.

6. melmac

Sgarrista

no, no, we don't want Rocksteddy getting fit!! How will I beat him in Table Tennis and Beat Saber if he can actually move about a bit???

:p:D

7. RockSteddy

Gangster

Don't worry mate, even if I were super fit my age and total lack of hand to eye coordination would still allow you to beat me in every VR game going :D

8. melmac

Sgarrista

LOL you are younger than me!!

9. RockSteddy

Gangster

Really? I thought you were younger than me! :p

10. Ravenger

Mobster

According to my fitness watch, out of all the games I play, the best sustained cardio game is FitXR (Formerly BoxVR). It's the only one that really gets my heart-rate up. Thrill Of The Fight is the most physically exhausting though. I can only manage a few rounds.

I do a lot of running, so I'm actually pretty fit for my age (I joke that my cardiovascular system is in great shape, it's the rest of me that's falling to bits), so it's difficult to find fitness apps that are vigorous enough to get my heart rate up.

I Pistol Whip is great for flexibility due to all the ducking and dodging, and so is a good complement to my running, even though it doesn't burn many calories.

11. ScoobyDoo

Mobster

Not sure where these ship from. VR Cover estimate 3-6 days delivery.

12. Ravenger

Mobster

I got some Koss KSC75 earhook headphones and they do sound very good indeed. Very similar to the original Rift CV1 audio and they fit securely but lightly on your ears. Much more comfortable and secure than earbuds, but not as isolating.

13. RockSteddy

Gangster

Well the 3080 dropped guys and I had one in my basket but I had an issue with Paypal and by the time I sorted it they were sold out :mad::mad::mad:

The drop lasted all of two minutes!

So near yet so far, and the wait continues.... :(

14. melmac

Sgarrista

Oh man, that sucks!! An FE edition???

So close, yet so far!!

15. RockSteddy

Gangster

Yeah was the FE edition :(.

I've seen a few OCUK forum members managed to get one today though, so I'm glad for them.

16. melmac

Sgarrista

haha, bet you are saying that through gritted teeth. :p:D

Can you trust me the discord?

17. RockSteddy

Gangster

Well err yes just a bit lol :D

Done, let me know if it works ok?

18. melmac

Sgarrista

Thanks for the Link. And yeah, It didn't work haha. It's either expired or the group is full.

19. RockSteddy

Gangster

Ahh sorry mate. :(

Try asking in the Founder Editions thread in the Graphics Card section, someone may have an up to date link?

Last edited: 26 Nov 2020
  20. ***F1ZZY***

Hitman

Just received a link cable from the rainforest.

cablematters 5m USB C-C

tested in oculus app and got 2.2Gbps

not bad for 20 quid