Quest 2 accessories - recommendations, reviews etc

Associate
Did you get a tracking number?. I had a email to say my order is on its way but when I check my order status it still says confirmed and we are getting your order ready?

No mate, exactly the same as you. Got an email that told me it shipped and to check their site for shipping updates but it only shows the order confirmed.
I'm sure it will arrive soon though.

Caporegime
After buying a Q2, it feels like my bike and could be become a money pit :p.

So I get the feeling it's really worth getting a strap, and hear good things about the GOMRVR Adjustable halo Strap?

Soldato
After buying a Q2, it feels like my bike and could be become a money pit :p.

So I get the feeling it's really worth getting a strap, and hear good things about the GOMRVR Adjustable halo Strap?

Which one did you buy? 64Gb or 256GB?

And yes, it's worth getting a strap. And a new face cover from VR Cover When they are back in stock.

These are essential.

New Strap.
New Facial interface.

Other things you might need.

5Ghz Router(for Wireless), Long USB cable(for Oculus Link), Battery Pack(If you think you will play for long sessions.

You probably have a 5GHz router already.

Soldato
No mate, exactly the same as you. Got an email that told me it shipped and to check their site for shipping updates but it only shows the order confirmed.
I'm sure it will arrive soon though.

I've had this reply back from vrcover. Looks like they haven't shipped yet !

The automated email notification that you received is a receipt of the shipping confirmation. This means that your order has been handed out to our partner courier and will be shipped soon. Please note that it may take a few more days for the shipping company to log in to the tracking.

Once shipped, you will receive the tracking confirmation through an automated email. In your shipping confirmation email, please click the View your order button. This will take you to your order information where shipping information will update soon.

Soldato
OP

And yes, it's worth getting a strap. And a new face cover from VR Cover When they are back in stock.

These are essential.

New Strap.
New Facial interface.

5Ghz Router(for Wireless), Long USB cable(for Oculus Link), Battery Pack(If you think you will play for long sessions.

Don't think strap or interface are essential, certainly not immediately. I'm glad I got a new strap, but the original wasn't awful for me. As for interface, I seem to need a narrow interface, but I don't believe VR cover offer various sizes in terms of width, so I'd be left with the same cushioning. I don't mind it too much, just a bit unpleasant after sweating into it a lot.

Caporegime

These are essential.

New Strap.
New Facial interface.

Thanks, I've got the 64GB version. Will look into facial interfaces.

Decent review on routers that work well with the Quest 2

Thanks, already invested into Unifi for my home network. It's not WiFi 6 but a very capable set up, though it's probably not strong enough to stream from my main rig (bedroom) to the living room. Exploring wiring up that rig to the router/switch.

Underboss
to the person that trying the Quest in their conservatory

assuming you have a socket in there (or close by)

a website is doing this on offer :

TP-Link TL-WPA4220 2-Port Add-On Powerline Adapter, Range Extender, Broadband/WiFi Extender, WiFi Booster/Hotspot, No Configuration Required, UK Plug

heres also a PT-link one (wireless version plug in) going cheap

also

Anker are doing up 40% off

Caporegime
This ******* rocks! Any recommendations on facial covers - so much choice and differing views?

My wife is already seriously inquiring about buying one for her :p.

Soldato
This ******* rocks! Any recommendations on facial covers - so much choice and differing views?

My wife is already seriously inquiring about buying one for her :p.

VR Cover are the best, but quite expensive. The PU cushions are far more comfortable than the stock foam, and are easily wiped clean.

They also do cotton covers which wrap over the standard interface, which are great for exercise games as they soak up the sweat and are machine washable.

Back
Top Bottom